IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Just now, John Wright said:

Registered Nurse, intensive care, currently advertised £35-48k

Registered Nurse, ED, currently advertised £31-40k

Registered Nurse, General Medical Ward, currently advertised £31-40k

So Sentience's point is that this post is taking the salary of one nurse. 

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's worth putting up the actual job description as these links tend to disappear quite quickly nowadays:

We are seeking a highly organised and conscientious individual to join our team as a Business Support Executive Officer - Theatres within Manx Care at Noble’s Hospital!

You will work closely with colleagues across Critical Care, Theatres and Anaesthetics, providing a range of administrative and project based support to enable the smooth running and timely delivery of activity within the Care Group. You will also provide support to the Lead Business Manager.

Your main responsibilities will include:

• Full organisational and administrative support to the Care Group Lead Business Manager and wider team leaders within the Care Group
  • Managing and overseeing a variety of projects across the service, with key responsibilities such as prioritisation, planning ahead, monitoring progress, pursuing and updating accordingly, managing resources available within constraints and delivering these within agreed deadlines and targets
  • Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all stakeholders involved with the Care Group business; this will involve being an initial point of contact for stakeholders on behalf of the Care Group Management Team.

Whether this is effectively a new post because someone higher up has decided they are too grand to do this now or not, it's an essential job of admin that probably does need to be done by a 'civilian' as there could be competing priorities among medical staff that need resolving.  It's also an important one as we know from previously that the theatres at Nobles have been underused by UK standards and this has led to backlogs.

But the job title is misleading, presumably "business" here just means "things people do" and the language is woolly and vague so as to make things sound important.  

So no medical experience of any kind is required then? I wonder how long they'll have to wait for the right applicant to come along, unless of course someone has already been earmarked for the position?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. Both OP and you were wrong.

Lets recap.

You don’t know the difference between Victoria St and Victoria Road.

You think that dividing a sum of between £33-38,000 by either 3, or 4, gives £140-170,000.

Need I remind you of more?

Let’s recap, your a pompous, facetious arse who thinks he’s better than everyone else as he’s got plenty of money!

Edited by Banker
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So no medical experience of any kind is required then? I wonder how long they'll have to wait for the right applicant to come along, unless of course someone has already been earmarked for the position?

I would have thought there's lots people with the skills and experience to do the job. Apart from the cheery disposition I meet the criteria and I've never worked in Government or Health Care. 

46 minutes ago, Banker said:

Let’s recap, your a pompous, facetious arse who thinks he’s better than everyone else as he’s got plenty of money!

Given your history of being consistently wrong, I’m not sure anyone can rely on what you post.

But, to set the record straight, I’m not wealthy, I don’t look at what people have money wise, and I don’t consider myself better than anyone

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Let’s recap, you’re a pompous, facetious arse who thinks he’s better than everyone else as he’s got plenty of money!

Very uncalled for remarks. The are many times in your posts where I disagree with you, but I respect your views and opinions. What I won’t do is make disparaging remarks, unless it’s a politician ……… within reason they are fair game. Not your wisest move. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Very uncalled for remarks. The are many times in your posts where I disagree with you, but I respect your views and opinions. What I won’t do is make disparaging remarks, unless it’s a politician ……… within reason they are fair game. Not your wisest move. 

Problem is people make disparaging remarks about politicians without reason.

Resemblance to a vampire, brown shoes, previous occupation in the licensed trade, etc etc

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Problem is people make disparaging remarks about politicians without reason.

Resemblance to a vampire, brown shoes, previous occupation in the licensed trade, etc etc

Professor Ashford was found wanting, especially coming from comments within a court of law (employment tribunal), which hastened his resignation. I’m afraid his actions within his previous ministerial have upset a lot of people, also making enemies in the process. 

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Professor Ashford was found wanting, especially coming from comments within a court of law (employment tribunal), which hastened his resignation. I’m afraid his actions within his previous ministerial have upset a lot of people, also making enemies in the process. 

Yes call him out for these things if you think he is found wanting on these issues, you have an absolute right.

But  the vitriol on here about his personal appearance, previous employment history etc is unwarranted.

I maybe not particularly handsome and started my working life doing non glamorous jobs but I don’t think that makes me an object of derision.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You mean Mr Benn?

https://fearandloathing2021.wixsite.com/fearandloathingblog/post/mr-benn-adopts-his-latest-costume

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No not really. That’s just a personal attack. 

No doubt you find it amusing.

Yes lots of things about the fantasist Professor Ashford are highly amusing. That being one of them. 

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:
Edited by FANDL
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes call him out for these things if you think he is found wanting on these issues, you have an absolute right.

There's no "thinking" about it, Voicey. Ashford, in the tribunal's opinion was something of a "Walter Mitty character", what might that tell you? 

But the vitriol on here about his personal appearance, previous employment history, etc., is unwarranted.

I'm tempted to partly agree but satire has its place.

I maybe not particularly handsome and started my working life doing non glamorous jobs but I don’t think that makes me an object of derision.

Who's deriding you?

I see 'FANDL' has quoted you above 😄

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

There's no "thinking" about it, Voicey. Ashford, in the tribunal's opinion was something of a "Walter Mitty character", what might that tell you? 

I'm tempted to partly agree but satire has its place.

Who's deriding you?

I see 'FANDL' has quoted you above 😄

I’m going to bed now 🙂