IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

At first glance it appears that our covid response was masterminded by a DJ, a banker and a woman with a degree in music who didn't seem to listen to medical advice.

@Rob Callister, Mrs Caine appear to be the only MHK's not to make a single entry in the report. I am shocked Rob wasn't interviewed. It could be they didn't do or say anything during Covid.

Edited by Holte End

4 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Sorry to say but that is utter bollocks, must have been an in-house survey.

Not so much “in-house” as “in-management suite”…🙂

eta: I’ve been an in-patient in Nobles twice in the last 12 months - in neither case was I asked or directed to fill in a satisfaction survey.

Edited by Jarndyce
eta
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, cissolt said:

How can this still be down after a month?  No backups to recover from?  I used to have to take home giant tapes with backup data on.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hillside-dental-practice-hit-by-serious-cyber-attack

"However, the new software provider was subject to a ‘serious cyber-attack’, which remains unresolved for more than a month."

Any idea who this "new software provider" is?

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

How can this still be down after a month?  No backups to recover from?  I used to have to take home giant tapes with backup data on.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hillside-dental-practice-hit-by-serious-cyber-attack

1 hour ago, Sheldon said:

"However, the new software provider was subject to a ‘serious cyber-attack’, which remains unresolved for more than a month."

Any idea who this "new software provider" is?

Does this mean some fraudsters are going to start making fake Manx teeth? 

This story doesn't make any sense does it?  If the practice previously had bespoke software, why don't they simply revert to that for the moment?  It's suggested like the new system hadn't actually gone live and there hadn't been a data leak, but who knows.  Alternatively why can't they switch to a software provider who hasn't been hacked?  Or is the problem to do with Manx Care and it's somewhat cavalier approach to data security - something to solved by getting rid of those pesky Information Commissioners who keep on pointing stuff out. 

The joke is that Manx Care took over the Hillside practice because they claimed that it was only able to provide emergency care for some patients.  Now they've managed to get into a situation when they can only provide emergency care for all of them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Portfolio said:
On 1/8/2024 at 4:13 PM, Jarndyce said:

eta: I’ve been an in-patient in Nobles twice in the last 12 months - in neither case was I asked or directed to fill in a satisfaction survey.

They probably took one look at you and thought “mental” and deliberately decided not to engage just in case all the 27 voices in your head asked for a form

Oh hi, Cueey…back in circulation?

• Like 1