IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

27 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Funds have NEVER been made available to meet a predicted demand before - why would it happen now?   Clearly not the IOMG way - apparently, they prefer DHSS/DHSC/MC to overspend every year and come cap-in-hand to cover the shortfall.

I'm not surprised there is a shortfall the whole place is crawling with management !

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I'm not surprised there is a shortfall the whole place is crawling with management

There's been a budget shortfall since 2003.   It's a bigger shortfall now because management numbers have increased drastically (partly due to the J Michaels Show) - but for many years the shortfall was the same every year, because the budget was never stripped back to basics and then properly matched with the activity.

• Thanks 1

...but how are we plebs to know the levels of staff/management required???

On a recent visit, 2 days, only saw one red tunic/suit but lots of staff, nurses and doctors!!

How can 'we' decide what is needed???

I really don't think the islands health service has ever had a budget shortfall, in real terms.

The health service on the island has NEVER HAD ENOUGH MONEY GIVEN TO IT IN THE  FIRST PLACE.

There may be a lot of SH1T managers there but it is quite obviously slipping behind good practice in the UK when you have experience of both.

Proper record keeping and decent risk assessments are standard practice in most industry for good reason.

Last time I was at Nobles there was not even something as simple as a "Date last Cleaned/ Replaced" on curtains between beds on wards.

That is pretty low level stuff, so god knows how bad the higher level, more important stuff is recorded or actioned.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

I really don't think the islands health service has ever had a budget shortfall, in real terms.

The health service on the island has NEVER HAD ENOUGH MONEY GIVEN TO IT IN THE  FIRST PLACE.

There may be a lot of SH1T managers there but it is quite obviously slipping behind good practice in the UK when you have experience of both.

Proper record keeping and decent risk assessments are standard practice in most industry for good reason.

Last time I was at Nobles there was not even something as simple as a "Date last Cleaned/ Replaced" on curtains between beds on wards.

That is pretty low level stuff, so god knows how bad the higher level, more important stuff is recorded or actioned.....

Baumol disease you will never be able to fund it sufficiently for the broad range of services people expect from NHS

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

You say potato, I say shortfall…

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I assumed the word demand = more patients, as opposed to additional non-care costs.

question is  if we wern't trying to grow the population   then would we have such an overspend ?    most of those in out patients or A and E    are ones with no regular doctor , GP surgeries and packed with in comers  with existing health problems   ,

there was never this problem when the population was fairly stable  , but now the young fit ones are leaving only to be back filled with people with health problems some very expensive problems ! and most never paid a penny into the DHSC here 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Omobono said:

question is  if we wern't trying to grow the population   then would we have such an overspend ?    most of those in out patients or A and E    are ones with no regular doctor , GP surgeries and packed with in comers  with existing health problems   ,

there was never this problem when the population was fairly stable  , but now the young fit ones are leaving only to be back filled with people with health problems some very expensive problems ! and most never paid a penny into the DHSC here 

That has been the case for hundreds of years with the Manx leaving and Incomers entering but the health service was good now its crap nothing to do with immigration, you are a Racist Sir

Edited by alpha-acid
spelling
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

The man really is one onerous little dick. The sooner he has gone the better. If you are wondering who I am talking about that would be mhk Hooper(was going to write right honorable mhk, but could not bring myself to do it as this would be an affront to honorable people around the  world.)

It’s not just him. His party LibLabVan is full of them, and collective know it alls, with their agendas and hobby horses. I disagreed with Peter Karran the ex LibLabVan leader but he was nothing like Hooperman. 

16 hours ago, asitis said:

I'm not surprised there is a shortfall the whole place is crawling with management !

Is it though? What’s the split of ‘shop floor’ staff and ‘office based management’ ? Not disagreeing with you, you’re most likely correct, but I’ve never seen an actual breakdown. 

Edited by cheesypeas