IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

13 hours ago, code99 said:

I take umbrage at the use of term "a clinical decision was made that I didn't need to be seen"...Really? Or just sneaky tactics to 'improve' waiting lists. You need to discuss your medical issue(s) with your GP as they must have good reason for you to be referred to the hospital, hope it is nothing  serious.

This is 100% true no bullshit. It is nothing serious and it's now being monitored by someone else rather than nobles. In respect of the second matter I have paid to see the consultant privately ! Again no bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

This is 100% true no bullshit. It is nothing serious and it's now being monitored by someone else rather than nobles. In respect of the second matter I have paid to see the consultant privately ! Again no bullshit.

It is good to hear that your medical condition is under control. 

"I have paid to see the consultant privately" - what you are describing is the part-privatisation of our NHS health system by stealth. 

Incidentally, the headline story in this week's Isle of Man Examiner is "Manx Care is not fit for purpose".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, code99 said:

It is good to hear that your medical condition is under control. 

"I have paid to see the consultant privately" - what you are describing is the part-privatisation of our NHS health system by stealth. 

Incidentally, the headline story in this week's Isle of Man Examiner is "Manx Care is not fit for purpose".

Is this after some external review ? 

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

For avoidance of doubt: are you a medical doctor?

No. 

IMHO, GPs would not be willy-nilly referring patients to the hospital if they did not think that this patient needed hospital treatment.

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

Is this after some external review ? 

The article conveys the opinions of the Executive Committee of the Isle of Man Medical Society, a group I have never heard of before.

The IOM Medical Society has drawn up a seven-point plan to address Manx Care's significant challenges. They want an overhaul of the current top-heavy management structure and the establishment of a medically-led organisation. It is an interesting read.

Edited by code99
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, code99 said:

The article conveys the opinions of the Executive Committee of the Isle of Man Medical Society, a group I have never heard of before.

It’s been around since 1843 and is quite vociferous. Against assisted dying, has a web site but nothing loaded since 2018.

I appreciate the GEF report, but I’d like to read the actual paper.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s been around since 1843 and is quite vociferous. Against assisted dying, has a web site but nothing loaded since 2018.

They are making grandiose (IMHO, politically-motivated statements), which lack specifics. Their seven-point plan was not published in the article.  

22 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Do you have a link to the GEF report?

5 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

He would have been told that by the percentage of the new 700 CS, who work in Manx Care and are now enjoying Govt generosity...

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

It's typically self-interested (more money for doctors, let MMS appoint the Board, a relaxed attitude towards going private) but the basic demands can be summed up as:

Get rid of the new structures

Fund it properly

Which is more or less what many of us on here have been saying since the whole thing started.

• Like 9

Manx Care are not spending £18.3 million on, for example, a new computer system which somehow will enable waiting lists to be continually reduced in the future.

They are spending £18.3 million on paying a sub-contractor. I do not see this type of practice, to hire out to get past a temporary problem, as note-worthy

When the £18.3 million is gone, then what? Will Manx Care have the resources to keep waiting lists to a minimum?