IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

5 hours ago, Anyone said:

Well if I get hit by a bus they probably would ( I believe you get priority for that ). Otherwise it’s a lottery. The NHS manage by crisis , so that means they largely wait until it’s too late. Natural wastage I suppose. But if you all want to hip hip hooray for the NHS carry on. I’ll not live long enough to see it have the radical reform it needs. I doubt anyone will because of this perception that it’s wonderful and all who work in it are wonderful. It’s a job in the end - and they don’t do it very well

This is clearly a pointless exchange so I’ll stop with this one - but, if you ever find yourself in ED with chest pain or something like that, I hope you have the courage of your convictions and tell the staff exactly what you think of the NHS.

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

This is clearly a pointless exchange so I’ll stop with this one - but, if you ever find yourself in ED with chest pain or something like that, I hope you have the courage of your convictions and tell the staff exactly what you think of the NHS.

A bit like the police.  Too many people moan about how terrible they are, but it's still the first number they call if they get robbed or assaulted etc.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

A bit like the police.  Too many people moan about how terrible they are, but it's still the first number they call if they get robbed or assaulted etc.

Does anybody bother calling plod now? By the time they show up it's too late and if it's serious we'll be treated to a murky unrecognisable cctv screen grab

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

£4,500 is nothing when it comes to comes to consultancy fees, especially when it's supposed to be examining  'improving financial oversight and governance' of such a large organisation.  But of course that job is exactly what DHSC is supposed to be doing, so again what exactly is the Department actually for.   I can only think they have already got someone lined up to provide to report they want based on absolutely no investigation whatsoever, a bit like the person who said Tramway Terrace was unsafe without actually examining the building.

And of course when the DHSC had its own body providing such oversight in the shape of the Health Services Consultative Committee, they managed to get it neutered when it told them things it didn't want to hear.

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And of course when the DHSC had its own body providing such oversight in the shape of the Health Services Consultative Committee, they managed to get it neutered when it told them things it didn't want to hear.

Possibly the biggest backward step taken by Hooper and the DHSC, while trying to claim increased governance and oversight.

5 hours ago, wrighty said:

That doesn't really track though, because there's not any alternative if something dreadful happens. You can still need their help while thinking they're not the best.

Edited by lethargy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Yes.   It's the political alternative to actual activity, or actual change, or actual action, etc

It will almost certainly come to the conclusion that we need more (management) consultants.  And 'change consultants' - always a good substitute for actual change.  Though you wonder why more advice is needed while we have a Transformation Office, with a Transformation Board and a Political Transformation Board to oversee them (even though it's mostly the same people) and a Transformation Panel as well.

All these people dedicated to changing things.  To be fair they don't claim to be changing them for the better.  At least not for the rest of us.

• Thanks 2