IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Politicians can't just give health complete free rein, it could easily swallow half the entire budget and still not be enough

Yebbut why did they accept the Michael Report, separate out DHSC from Manx Care and start a transformation project if they didn’t have the cash to back it up?   Or any intention of finding it?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, wrighty said:

Correction.  We're paying our medical director to do clinical work in Liverpool. I don't think he's MD over there.

We didn’t pay him wages at Derby, they did. Is Liverpool being invoiced?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We didn’t pay him wages at Derby, they did. Is Liverpool being invoiced?

Don't know.  I'm only going by the MR article in response to the Keys question.  I have no inside knowledge on this one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Don't know.  I'm only going by the MR article in response to the Keys question.  I have no inside knowledge on this one.

I’ve no issue with secondment. Although this has been going on sometime. It should be good for training.  But Manx Care shouldn’t be out of pocket and patient care mustn’t be impacted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I'm pretty sure Liverpool are not being invoiced as otherwise Lawrie would have declared so in Tynwald

He’d only answer the question asked, because

1. arrogant tosser 

2. CS briefing wouldn’t disclose in its briefing any more than it had to.

3. he’s too thick to ask the obvious question once he had the CS non answer.

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Yebbut why did they accept the Michael Report, separate out DHSC from Manx Care and start a transformation project if they didn’t have the cash to back it up?   Or any intention of finding it?

They got sold a pup by Sir JM and the pup turned out to be a white elephant pup which now is munching through money like it's going out of fashion

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve no issue with secondment. Although this has been going on sometime. It should be good for training.  But Manx Care shouldn’t be out of pocket and patient care mustn’t be impacted.

Also Ministers shouldn't mislead Tynwald. The supplementary was how many many Medical Directors are being paid by Manx Care, Pooper said "ONE" 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/medical-director-being-paid-by-manx-care-while-working-in-liverpool/?fbclid=IwAR1VZC1QELy9Yj0AD0ZRsOwbGaKxy0lkUtURrFngvnEwsQCoIoAdV4cCdj8

Edited by Holte End
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Also Ministers shouldn't mislead Tynwald. The supplementary was how many many Medical Directors are being paid by Manx Care, Pooper say "ONE" 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/medical-director-being-paid-by-manx-care-while-working-in-liverpool/?fbclid=IwAR1VZC1QELy9Yj0AD0ZRsOwbGaKxy0lkUtURrFngvnEwsQCoIoAdV4cCdj8

It’s all in the question. They are only paying one. She didn’t ask about acting, deputy, stand in etc.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He’d only answer the question asked, because

1. arrogant tosser 

2. CS briefing wouldn’t disclose in its briefing any more than it had to.

3. he’s too thick to ask the obvious question once he had the CS non answer.

I think civil service briefings for oral questions will always contain more information than a single number written in big marker pen - even from a Department as dysfunctional as DHSC.  Hooper would surely have been aware of what the situation was anyway, it's not like it's new or unknown.  So if he didn't give any further reply it's because he didn't want to.  Hooper isn't stupid, it's just he's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is.

No disagreeing with your 1. mind.

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s all in the question. They are only paying one. She didn’t ask about acting, deputy, stand in etc.

Well quite, but it gave her the opening to make Hooper look disingenuous and sulky in his reply.  And a question asking all those other roles might lead to reporting about why there are so many rather than who is paying for the Liverpool gig.

Well, it was deleted and now it isn't...

I am confused about this. Either he is getting a second salary from a hospital in Liverpool, or they are getting his services free of charge. Or maybe there is another explanation.

[I rarely listen to the audio clips, but did hear this one. Hooper is exceptional snotty.]

Edited by Two-lane