IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

This is just talking about money. What will the charges be, and how will they be decided? An A&E visit is £1, or £100 or £1000? Messing about with this trivial stuff does not change that fact that people have to pay.

The simplest, most cost effective way is just to have one insurance company, and everyone has to pay.

it used be called National Insurance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Just struggling to recover after a terrible interlude in Nobles. Maybe they saved my life, I dunno. If so , most grateful but booo hiss to the couple of thoughtless, unkind folk who bruised me so badly. Accolades to those who were kind and thoughtful

Sorry to hear it, doc - I hope you’re on the mend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Just struggling to recover after a terrible interlude in Nobles. Maybe they saved my life, I dunno. If so , most grateful but booo hiss to the couple of thoughtless, unkind folk who bruised me so badly. Accolades to those who were kind and thoughtful.

My thoughts for what they are worth?

1. communication.....chaotic. innacurate, don't come in and tell me your complex name, or fill me details ar instructions when I can't understand you because of my state, nearly out of it, don't even understand what date it is.

2. inter staff communition and shift........might fill the tick boxes but actual on the ground info. exchange...hmmph. Don't bother to tell me its time and cost restraints. IF there was a proper, patient orientated communication code it would make working conditiond easier and save costs.

My sincerest thanks to those kind, thoughtful, considerate people. 

Especially one older nurse who was soooo kind and the pink ladies who saved the day

Thank you, I'm now rambling and very, very tired.

Glad to hear you're on the up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Just struggling to recover after a terrible interlude in Nobles. Maybe they saved my life, I dunno. If so , most grateful but booo hiss to the couple of thoughtless, unkind folk who bruised me so badly. Accolades to those who were kind and thoughtful.

My thoughts for what they are worth?

1. communication.....chaotic. innacurate, don't come in and tell me your complex name, or fill me details ar instructions when I can't understand you because of my state, nearly out of it, don't even understand what date it is.

2. inter staff communition and shift........might fill the tick boxes but actual on the ground info. exchange...hmmph. Don't bother to tell me its time and cost restraints. IF there was a proper, patient orientated communication code it would make working conditiond easier and save costs.

My sincerest thanks to those kind, thoughtful, considerate people. 

Especially one older nurse who was soooo kind and the pink ladies who saved the day

Thank you, I'm now rambling and very, very tired.

Get some rest Doc, and get well soon.  Best wishes. 

• Like 1

Manx Care need to produce a long list of costs so the public can understand where all our money is being spent! 

I think off island emergency medical flights from the Jet Centre and TT/MGP air services will bump the price up, no doubt medication costs and consultant expenditure too. 

A list of costs and services which are consuming many millions of pounds would be helpful in the general publics understanding where our money is being spent.

For clarity I haven’t got any issue or problems with this overspend, but we just need to be informed why!

Alf is presently making some noise because his Government increased our tax last year to fulfil the overspend! (Maybe needs to be increased yet again).

As a tax payer I have a feeling we are being totally shafted due to the lack of Alf Cannons leadership, the man has lots of problems and is not focusing on governance and as such the Government’s wheel has fallen off.

Time for change of leadership, someone that can actually take control is urgently required!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, WTF said:

it used be called National Insurance

I've posted this many times before, but here goes again. 

NI pays for state pension and certain benefits such as statutory sick pay. It does not fund the health service (although yes, if in surplus, some of it can contribute, but the NHS is funded mainly by general taxation)

15 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Just struggling to recover after a terrible interlude in Nobles...

That sounds awful, wishing you a speedy recovery.

No doubt some Government supporter will be keen to tell you what a rare and unfortunate occurrence you have had, and that the IOM health care system is just wonderful...

ETA: I am sure that any communication issues will be easily fixed through multi million pound ‘culture change’ management programmes and consultants.

Edited by code99
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Last Ten said:

Manx Care need to produce a long list of costs so the public can understand where all our money is being spent! 

I think off island emergency medical flights from the Jet Centre and TT/MGP air services will bump the price up, no doubt medication costs and consultant expenditure too. 

A list of costs and services which are consuming many millions of pounds would be helpful in the general publics understanding where our money is being spent.

For clarity I haven’t got any issue or problems with this overspend, but we just need to be informed why!

Alf is presently making some noise because his Government increased our tax last year to fulfil the overspend! (Maybe needs to be increased yet again).

As a tax payer I have a feeling we are being totally shafted due to the lack of Alf Cannons leadership, the man has lots of problems and is not focusing on governance and as such the Government’s wheel has fallen off.

Time for change of leadership, someone that can actually take control is urgently required!

Lots of detail in here eg cost of Motorsport to Manx Care.

I think they've got better control over their finances than IOM government.

https://www.gov.im/media/1385371/public-board-100924_papers_compressed.pdf

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wrighty said:

It does not fund the health service (although yes, if in surplus, some of it can contribute,

The long stated reason for the upper end cut off on NI contributions is that even very rich people can only utilise a certain amount of health care.

Don't forget your workplace was built with NI contributions! ( sort of ).