IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 minute ago, Omobono said:

interesting on the Manx radio politics programme  today Chris Thomas predicted Hooper will be gone as health Minister  by next week also Allinson was also tottering  afer  a fall out with the Chief Minister , interesting programme, Alf was on first said a lot but in fact absolutely   nothing  , saving statement for the Government conference next week , 

get the feeling  all is not well in the corridors of power  , and the council of ministers   there are obviously several ministers  not performing !      can't disagree with that  !

Deckchairs on the Titanic. Changing ministers will not solve anything. It takes years before politicians understand the jobs they have been given to do and to implement any policies. Leave them where they are and support them.

Alf just wants to look masterful.

6 minutes ago, Omobono said:

interesting on the Manx radio politics programme  today Chris Thomas predicted Hooper will be gone as health Minister  by next week also Allinson was also tottering  afer  a fall out with the Chief Minister.

Hooper and all his department members need to be gone inc the useless St Joney and that awful pompous MLC witch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

Alf was on first said a lot but in fact absolutely   nothing 

That’s normally a Chris Thomas trait

Chris Thomas predicted Hooper will be gone as health Minister  by next week also Allinson was also tottering  afer  a fall out with the Chief Minister

There isn’t enough time in the world for him to have got that message over.

Still, Alf has a Tynwald of lack of talents to choose from. Rob for Chancellor? Anyone?

He'd be foolish to put Allinson on the back benches.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

I assume you support personal abuse and harassment of public officials because they’re highly paid then? It’s people like you that cause these issues with anonymous attacks.

If my posts are deemed offensive, or personal abuse - which includes foul and offensive language, I would expect MF mods to take action against me, or to at least take down the post. 

I can honestly say that yes I can make criticism of which I and many others make but that criticism doesn’t make personal abuse or threatening abuse. Sarcasm definitely. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Chris Thomas predicted Hooper will be gone as health Minister  by next week also Allinson was also tottering  afer  a fall out with the Chief Minister

Still, Alf has a Tynwald of lack of talents to choose from. Rob for Chancellor? Anyone?

He'd be foolish to put Allinson on the back benches.

I wonder if Thomas is relaying rumours from CoMin.  Cannan is clearly unable to cope with any sort of opposition, especially reasoned opposition, at all.  Edge's interview with Moulton was quite revealing about that, no matter what you think of the participants.  Like a lot of modern politicians Cannan tend to think things going easily is the same as them going well.

You can see why he might fall out with Allinson and that it would be unwise to sack him - "keep your enemies closer" and all that.  But Cannan's not the wisest person in the world.  Hooper would be more inexplicable, except possibly as a sacrificial victim.  But it's not just the lack of talent on the backbenches that's his problem (when has that ever stopped someone being appointed a Minister) it's the lack of anyone at all. 

A comeback for Ashford at Treasury might be just plausible, but might alienate other Ministers.  Haywood would be an long-odds choice and is ambitious, but people are now thinking about re-election.  At DHSC Haywood again is possible, Maltby might be unwise enough to take the poisoned chalice. Tanya August-Hanson is keen enough and the no-MLCs rule gets forgotten about as convenient, but it might be even more alienating that Ashford.

There will be a lot of counting up to 13.

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

What would bring that argument/theory to the fore if the big wigs at Who Cares? resigned …………… and their reasoning?

far too many managers and duplication of posts ,  place is awash with admin   just ask anyone who worked there before Manx Care took over 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

far too many managers and duplication of posts ,  place is awash with admin   just ask anyone who worked there before Manx Care took over 

But they still can’t get appointment letters out on time or day typed meaning a number are late and post office get blamed!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I can honestly say that yes I can make criticism of which I and many others make but that criticism doesn’t make personal abuse or threatening abuse. Sarcasm definitely. 

Of course there is a certain irony associated with a department that paid out £4.5M of taxpayers money at an employment tribunal, for bullying a senior medical director out of a job, accusing awful members of the public of bullying them on social media.

As you seem to have suggested. If this actual bullying did actually take place (it’s hard to find much evidence on local social media groups so far) presumably the police will now be involved and some Starmer-esque social media witch-hunt to bring these bullying citizens to justice? It looks like they might have to work hard to find any evidence though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Two-lane said:

How much time do they spend reading social media?

Just to add to the above its been suggested elsewhere that the “bullying” episode is the petition for Cope’s resignation set up by a local mad man, and disgruntled DHSC employee, last week which was captured here and Isle of Man News and Politics amongst other sites. Whether a poll asking for someone to resign is indeed bullying though is very subjective, it likely falls under expression of free speech depending on how it’s been framed. 

7 minutes ago, FANDL said:

Just to add to the above its been suggested elsewhere that the “bullying” episode is the petition for Cope’s resignation set up by a local mad man, and disgruntled DHSC employee, last week which was captured here and Isle of Man News and Politics amongst other sites. Whether a poll asking for someone to resign is indeed bullying though is very subjective, it likely falls under expression of free speech depending on how it’s been framed. 

LOL, that's the one with the complaint about vets! 

• Like 2

Here's the full wording:

As an individual deeply affected by the deteriorating state of Manx Care, I felt compelled to bring this plea to your attention. Under Teresa Cope's management, Manx Care has seen a drastic decline. Since its inception and the installation of Teresa Cope as CEO, the Isle of Man health services have plummeted, marring our standard of care beyond recognition.  Lives have been unjustly lost due to stagnating waiting lists, and basic treatments have been delayed for years. Reports have suggested negligence on a mass scale, an appalling testament to Teresa Cope's mismanagement of our hospital.

The circumstances are dire. The impact of this crisis on our beloved residents and the ensuing suffering demands immediate action. The people of the Isle of Man cannot, and will not, accept this anymore. Therefore, we insist on the resignation of Teresa Cope as CEO of Manx Care. By signing this petition, you support the movement for change, for the improvement of Manx Care, and for a healthcare system we can trust and rely upon once again. Please, lend your voice to this cause and sign now.

Typically wordy and imprecise at the same time.  It also seems a bit unfair to claim the deterioration in Manx Care is due to Cope, when no one else has ever been in charge, so you can't compare.  As ever the problems may be in the structure and the funding rather than the person at the top.

Up to 183 signatures now.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Up to 183 signatures now.

Thanks. Arguably, if that is the basis for their claim of social media bullying, it isn’t especially bullying. It’s an opinion which may be wildly wrong or unfair but it is hardly a bullying campaign. Equally surely if pushed the individual who created it will be claiming that they were emptied from their job due to institutional bullying becoming another self proclaimed victim so it will just become victim claim and counter claim. The fact that it’s only got 183 signatures says it all. Even the Douglas bin petition got well over 1,000. 

Edited by FANDL