IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

35 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Next round of cuts announced, including the cynical term 'slow down activity' for UK procedures.

I wonder how many people were benefitting from these mental health services?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/more-cuts-to-health-services-announced-by-manx-care/

It's a scary time to live here. Delaying UK treating until next year will just create a bigger backlog to be sorted.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Next round of cuts announced, including the cynical term 'slow down activity' for UK procedures.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/more-cuts-to-health-services-announced-by-manx-care/

Former manager, then head, then director and now executive director says I know let's save money by cutting services. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Seem to remember that this was one of the local charities, presenting something…I suspect that at least some of the “pen pushing desk wallahs” are representatives from the charity.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/pictures-show-inside-islands-first-designated-space-for-those-experiencing-miscarriage-or-baby-loss-705981

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

at first glance i see 2 nurse uniform/outfits  , i guess the rest are pen pushing desk wallahs.

They are not. One is a lady whose experience of miscarriages informed the setting up of a new facility, and the rest are reps of the charity that provided funds. Incidentally, besides calligraphers, who 'pushes a pen' these days?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Who had even heard of KOOTH and QWELL?

22 hours ago, FANDL said:

For additional balance here is another picture of Ms Cope and members of her happy team posted on the internet so that everyone can see what a joyful empowering workplace she creates for the 19% of people who don’t seem to totally hate working there.

There really is a big disconnect going on here which seems to be another version of the usual IOM Government alternative reality bubble where those at the top seem to think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way they interact with anyone else. 

IMG_5616.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

One is a lady whose experience of miscarriages informed the setting up of a new facility, and the rest are reps of the charity that provided funds.

You’d think FANDL would have known that, since he found and posted the picture - and being a journalist an’ that…

Edited by Jarndyce
Typo

22 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Sorry..but when a circus turns into an absolute shit show, something desperate needs to be done..and cutting services is not one of them. At present Manx Care is is a rapid downward spiral that will implode any time soon.

Let’s start by getting rid of perms arrogant apologist and Mr I Know Better Hooper. 

• Like 5

Given the very public 'disharmonious' relationships between managers and medics now in situ anyone who's been around health care over the years will recognise that we are in a typical febrile atmosphere that increases the risks in regard to serious clinical incidents. (Read Allitt / Thelwall enquiry). It is usually patients and families that come to harm.

Following todays announcement regarding bank and agency staff does this mean any gaps in the on call rotas will not be covered in future or have the medics agree to extend their working hours to include on call if and when necessary to cover sickness etc.

Will the  replacement of the on call social worker by an executive allow them to deliver any social work interventions out of hours and be remunerated for the time doing that extra to their normal salary?

• Like 1

It should not be overlooked that our elected voted unanimously for the implementation of this structure of bureaucrats with nary a murmur against.

Remember that when they come a-knocking.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Calling for the heads of a Govt Dept when you’re essentially on the same road (but the junior / alcohol free / training version ) is quite ironic

Let’s see…on the one hand, Health of the Nation - on the other hand, bins…

Health of the Nation…bins, Health of the Nation…bins…

Nope.   I’m no cheerleader for DBC - but I can’t quite see the equivalence…

• Like 2