IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-care-is-underfunded-not-failing-says-ceo/

"... we can see opportunities for the organisation to take several million pounds worth of costs out year on year without impacting front line services..."

It has taken Cope nearly 4 years to realise that.

Cope states in the interview that she has always known that Manx Care is underfunded. Did she state that when Manx Care came into existence?

"We are looking at an app that will really revolutionise the way we do appointments... it is a game changer..."

It is painful to listen to things like this.

[What happened to the "network of embedded change consultants"? An Internet search no longer locates the press release.]

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"... we can see opportunities for the organisation to take several million pounds worth of costs out year on year without impacting front line services..."

It has taken Cope nearly 4 years to realise that.

Cope states in the interview that she has always known that Manx Care is underfunded. Did she state that when Manx Care came into existence?

And here we have sterling example of CS culture, just keep spending until it's absolutely not available. Only then start to look at possible economies and budgeting whilst watching my own back because my own job might be impacted.

Now consider this attitude across the whole Island CS/PS and it explains much.

• Like 2

And what about the additional burden of the Ex-Chief Minister being back in town who appears to have opened up two new cannabis shops in Strand Street. Allegedly he is charging Manx Care a mark up of up to 1,000% for his products.

How much is that going to cost Manx Care in the long term? Or, is the next Baroness Bra scandal going to break one day!

He does have form of course, https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/isle-of-man-chief-minister-quits-over-corruption-inquiry-675320.html and, the Government MUST have done their due diligence and examined the business case and individual’s track records before handing out a license. Did they or, is this just another King Gaming scandal about to unfurl one day?

There will of course be many people on island who are pleased to see him and his squaw back in town as I am sure they have come back with the intention of paying everyone back who they might owe.

28 minutes ago, Luddite said:

And what about the additional burden of the Ex-Chief Minister being back in town who appears to have opened up two new cannabis shops in Strand Street. Allegedly he is charging Manx Care a mark up of up to 1,000% for his products.

How much is that going to cost Manx Care in the long term? Or, is the next Baroness Bra scandal going to break one day!

He does have form of course, https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/isle-of-man-chief-minister-quits-over-corruption-inquiry-675320.html and, the Government MUST have done their due diligence and examined the business case and individual’s track records before handing out a license. Did they or, is this just another King Gaming scandal about to unfurl one day?

There will of course be many people on island who are pleased to see him and his squaw back in town as I am sure they have come back with the intention of paying everyone back who they might owe.

Which two cannabis shops? 

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-care-is-underfunded-not-failing-says-ceo/

Sadly, I have come to be very much of a cynic in these matters. I wouldn’t be surprised if they changed the definition of “front line services” to only include A&E… “We're gonna need a bigger boat”.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cissolt said:

From the report.  If manxcare wasn't created then by 2035 the cost of services would be 320,000,000.

They had 348 million this year.  So we are worse off now then if nothing changed.

Screenshot_2024-10-11-14-24-34-86_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.thumb.jpg.11e68e0d9f83325fe54c88bd8bed326a.jpg

Holy hell. Surely Howard Quayle must be implicated in the repurcussions of the financial shit show that is Manx Care? How could any Chief Minister leave healthcare in such a state?

10 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Holy hell. Surely Howard Quayle must be implicated in the repurcussions of the financial shit show that is Manx Care? How could any Chief Minister leave healthcare in such a state?

There will be no accountability or repercussions, there never is.

We still don't actually know what was discussed at the meeting where manxcare was formed, nobody thought to keep minutes...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cissolt said:

There will be no accountability or repercussions, there never is.

We still don't actually know what was discussed at the meeting where manxcare was formed, nobody thought to keep minutes...

So Quayle, Cannan and Ashford get away scott free for the last administration? Yeah, I can see why no-one votes any more 😐

• Like 3

Just now, Ivy said:

So Quayle, Cannan and Ashford get away scott free for the last administration? Yeah, I can see why no-one votes any more 😐

The slate is wiped clean at election time. Some depart, some are re-elected. But regardless, what went before, went before. What happened in the last Tynwald stays in the last Tynwald.

• Like 1