IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

5 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

That's four years, Skippy - with a further professional pre-registration year.   And if you think As and Bs are average, you must be one of the big minds of your generation.

But don't let the facts spoil your thesis...

Jesus, how many times.  I am not discussing Pharmacy without any knowledge. 

I genuinely looked at doing Pharmacy at Uni.  I worked at Boots on the Pharmacy from 16 - 18.  At the time Liverpool (where I was considering) was doing the course in 3 years.  Many Uni courses in the past 20 years have gone from 3 to 4 years, e.g. Physiotherapy.   The only reason I didn't go for it was that Chemistry at A Level required significant maths input, which I'm terrible at and I didn't think I'd make the grade, which at the time was an A Chemistry and 2 Bs in something else sciencey.   However each Uni had slightly different grades and or points.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

And if you think As and Bs are average, you must be one of the big minds of your generation.

Or just average.  Because 53.7% of A-level results were A*,A or B in 2024.  It was 38% in 2001.

The A or B requirement seems mainly to apply to the Chemistry A-level:

The entry requirements for our accredited MPharm degrees vary between universities. As a guide, most universities will expect you to have an A or B grade in A-level chemistry and two further A-levels in either biology, mathematics or physics. If you have A-levels in chemistry and biology, you may also be considered with an alternative third subject.

rather than the two other science ones required.  Though it is four years.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I think MHKs should be paid substantially more if you want to attract people with the necessary attributes for doing the job it would work if the number of MHKs were reduced to 13 and  LegCo reduced to 5.   More importantly there would be less pensions paid out.

However, as has been pointed out in comparison to Jersey, if you have fewer elected then there are less holding the CM and CS to account which is a big enough problem as it stands.

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

However, as has been pointed out in comparison to Jersey, if you have fewer elected then there are less holding the CM and CS to account which is a big enough problem as it stands.

Until the CM cannot hire and fire, for people holding him to account, it wouldn't matter how many MHK's we have !

I should add, I don't blame politicos for keeping their mouths shut, no one should be in a position of cut your own throat first !