IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

When the Commercial Director at the Isle of Man Airport is unable/unwilling to flog a few billboards and is therefore permitted to create £50k a year position to do it for them, is it any surprise that Manx Care have able to increase their management budget by over £1 million (of tax payers money) per year. 

It completely, 100% smacks of a culture throughout every part of the Isle of Man Civil Service of, meh, it's only tax payers money, there's more where that came from. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LooseChange said:

When the Commercial Director at the Isle of Man Airport is unable/unwilling to flog a few billboards and is therefore permitted to create £50k a year position to do it for them, is it any surprise that Manx Care have able to increase their management budget by over £1 million (of tax payers money) per year. 

It completely, 100% smacks of a culture throughout every part of the Isle of Man Civil Service of, meh, it's only tax payers money, there's more where that came from. 

Part of the ‘it’ll do’ culture.

I totally agree with you it should be down to Manx Care it is after all supposed to be an arms length operation but they apparently are not up to the job my point is the CM is now getting involved, as temporarily appointed Health Minister, and I doubt he is up to the job either his leadership performance so far has a lot to be desired it appears to be my way or the Highway as several politicians have already found out.