IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Chief Exec says her door is always open.   But you’d have to be brave to express an opinion in the current culture, when you know that you’ll emerge from her office with a target on your back.

When I’ve met here she’s very friendly, listens & seems to be trying to change the culture for the better so that seems unfair but of course I’m not employed by hospitals 

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

When I’ve met here she’s very friendly, listens & seems to be trying to change the culture for the better so that seems unfair but of course I’m not employed by hospitals 

Drs Ranson and Glovers experience would suggest otherwise.  Her evidence in the PAC meeting suggests she is part of the problem not the solution.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Drs Ranson and Glovers experience would suggest otherwise.  Her evidence in the PAC meeting suggests she is part of the problem not the solution.

Think you’re confusing Theresa Cope CEO of Manx care with Magson who was CEO of DHSC who was the person involved with Ranson etc

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Think you’re confusing Theresa Cope CEO of Manx care with Magson who was CEO of DHSC who was the person involved with Ranson etc

No, I listened to all of the hearings and Theresa cope features very heavily.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/pp/Reports/2021-PP-0171.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiYk9i5krT3AhUagFwKHSKkA1gQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3ORQZkTh__4kGQNvWQfPV2

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

"The court also found that Public Health England failed to tell ministers what they knew about asymptomatic transmission," she said.

"Mr Hancock has frequently stated how he wished this had been brought to his attention earlier."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61227709

If IoMG, Magson, Cope & Ewart were so intent on following PHE as Dr Ranson repeatedly stated in her evidence to Tynwald , one does wonder whether Ewart was either fully informed by PHE, or perhaps similarly failed to inform ministers on IoM. Whatever, the High Court has clearly just trashed the reputation of the old Public Health England and its early Covid policies. Ranson's opinions look ever more credible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, craggy_steve said:

"The court also found that Public Health England failed to tell ministers what they knew about asymptomatic transmission," she said.

"Mr Hancock has frequently stated how he wished this had been brought to his attention earlier."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-61227709

If IoMG, Magson, Cope & Ewart were so intent on following PHE as Dr Ranson repeatedly stated in her evidence to Tynwald , one does wonder whether Ewart was either fully informed by PHE, or perhaps similarly failed to inform ministers on IoM. Whatever, the High Court has clearly just trashed the reputation of the old Public Health England and its early Covid policies. Ranson's opinions look ever more credible.

Has the Ranson case had a ruling yet?  It was heard months ago, is there no rug big enough to sweep it under? 

23 hours ago, Bandits said:

You won’t get a response either. It’s like the sad defense of what is clearly non-existent training and procedures around GDPR above. It’s all ‘very difficult’ you know and yet every company in the world has had to do these ‘very difficult’ things otherwise they’d be fined by government. I think a lot of people are getting fed up of the couldn’t give a **** attitude from government about everything coming out of government currently. They’ll be blaming covid for at least the next 15 years as an excuse why something or other hasn’t been done. Or why they simply can’t be arsed doing anything ‘too difficult’. 

When did the breach take place?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/manslaughter-charge-against-four-anaesthetists-dropped/

Manslaughter charge against four anaesthetists dropped

Deemster rules there was not enough evidence to secure 'safe conviction'

Accusations of gross negligence manslaughter against four Manx Care anaesthetists, over the death of a patient, have been dismissed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/manslaughter-charge-against-four-anaesthetists-dropped/

Accusations of gross negligence manslaughter against four Manx Care anaesthetists, over the death of a patient, have been dismissed.

Glad to hear it but so sorry for the anaesthetists having to through the whole experience for months.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

There should now be an investigation into the manner in which this sad event was investigated as it would appear there has been a “blunder-bus with spread-shot”   - a “collar-em all “  approach towards anyone involved. 

Sure. Shall we get Sir Jonathan Michael to investigate?

(Have you got a spare million?)

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

That outcome could have been predicted months ago. Exactly the same as Abbotswood. Hopefully they don’t go for any trumped up minor charges in relation to this just to be spoiled arses like they did fir the H&S breaches there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I personally know 2 medical staff who have left the island because of this shit, and I only know 3 in all. The reputation of our hospital and it's ability to attract staff has been damaged, the staff involved and the family of the deceased led a fine little dance.

FFS, I'm fuming.

• Thanks 2