IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

The structure / mass senior managers should be robust enough to manage without political head for a few months every 5 yrs

..."should" is the operative word but it seems clear that in scenarios noted on here they don't seem to be able to keep their own house in order.  With an almost unlimited budget (for more and more staff and off island extra private support) the data / number crunching can show very favourably the amount of episodes being carried out. 

However, sometimes it isn't what is done, it's how it's done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mother Theresa has been on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece today getting on the act - the need to communicate!

FFS - this shower at ManxCareLess have a whole spin department at their disposal, unless they are looking to recruit their own?

I would rather they worry less about communication and concentrate about getting permanent staff and dealing with the waiting lists. Perhaps Mother Theresa should throw her hat into the Legco seat race, after all she’s not going to make any real progress with regards to healthcare, just whinging to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece. 

6 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

How ? I know nothing about pensions but I thought when you moved from one job to another you took your pension with you.

I don't know the ins and outs but some years ago they decided that when their pot was transferred here it couldn't be transferred out again or some such nonsense.

1 hour ago, finlo said:

Because we Rob their pensions?

The pensions situation here for doctors is far more attractive than the UK. Over there they have a crisis of their own with retention of senior doctors who find that they’re getting massive tax bills based on the notional value of their pension pot, which in the UK is capped.

The recruitment issue is complex, and not just doctors.  We’ve got a bigger issue with nurses and care assistants now I think. 

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

The pensions situation here for doctors is far more attractive than the UK. Over there they have a crisis of their own with retention of senior doctors who find that they’re getting massive tax bills based on the notional value of their pension pot, which in the UK is capped.

The recruitment issue is complex, and not just doctors.  We’ve got a bigger issue with nurses and care assistants now I think. 

Wasn't there also something about those who paid high percentages of their wages being merged with those that paid nowt, GUS wasn't it?

Just now, finlo said:

Wasn't there also something about those who paid high percentages of their wages being merged with those that paid nowt, GUS wasn't it?

GUS came in in 2012. At the time, some senior doctors were arguing that it would be a bad thing and we should maintain equivalence with the UK scheme. Eventually even the BMA said we should accept the deal here as it would likely end up better than the UK’s. 
Civil servants used to pay much lower contributions, and there were many schemes across departments.  GUS, to a certain extent, put everyone on the same footing (although there are still some variations which will eventually disappear as all new entrants now join the standard GUS)

On 10/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, 2112 said:

Mother Theresa has been on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece today getting on the act - the need to communicate!

FFS - this shower at ManxCareLess have a whole spin department at their disposal, unless they are looking to recruit their own?

I would rather they worry less about communication and concentrate about getting permanent staff and dealing with the waiting lists. Perhaps Mother Theresa should throw her hat into the Legco seat race, after all she’s not going to make any real progress with regards to healthcare, just whinging to the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece. 

They have their own PR mouthpiece role according to senior management structure

• Sad 1

David Ashford on Manx Radio at lunch time.

Indicated that DHSC did not need any extra monies last year (and I think he said the year before). Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't they have to go for a supplementary vote round about September - November in either one or both years ?

Apparently starting starting cataract and ortho waiting lists initiatives with 'off island providers' soon to help reduce waiting lists.

Denied any problems with theatres at Nobles that he knows about - Manx Care haven't told him of any .

Just now, Apple said:

David Ashford on Manx Radio at lunch time.

Indicated that DHSC did not need any extra monies last year (and I think he said the year before). Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't they have to go for a supplementary vote round about September - November in either one or both years ?

Apparently starting starting cataract and ortho waiting lists initiatives with 'off island providers' soon to help reduce waiting lists.

Denied any problems with theatres at Nobles that he knows about - Manx Care haven't told him of any .

He said there was an issue with anaesthetists.  

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He said there was an issue with anaesthetists.  

Yes he did, and yes there are. Sadly a lack of them.

On another issue, are the Abbotswood health and safety issues not yet resolved?

Edited by Apple
To see if any progress made.