IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

8 hours ago, Manx17 said:

Do you think the Doctor would want too?

the only thing that will happen is, 

lessons will be learnt and our taxes will foot the bill.

I am told that she absolutely wants to, in order to address the major patient safety and clinical governance concerns she tried to address before being turfed out.

But I think Manx Care will allow that .......

When Hell Freezes Over!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

She should be reinstated as the CEO of DHSC, her integrity and expertise would be beneficial to our NHS. The current CEO was complicit in bullying Dr Ranson out of her role. 

1. "Working" for dhsc isn't what she wants. She was meant to go to Manx care. 2. The current CEO of dhsc was not the CEO at the time 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, joebean said:

I await the published report with interest.
If the finding of the Tribunal is that the Dr was treated unfairly and bullied out of her role for whistle-blowing the implications of this for the way our Government works and acts are serious.

“Government” is not an entity in itself but is made up by the actions of individuals who are placed in positions of authority and trust and receive, in most cases, salaries commensurate with that responsibility. If they are found to be unworthy of that responsibility, authority, trust and reward they should be removed. 
The Chief Minister should act in these circumstances to make the changes necessary. Simply sweeping the issues aside and claiming that the actions were historic or made in special circumstances will only erode his reputation and credibility.

There are big decisions to be made here involving senior people. Courage, principle and integrity is required. Let’s see what the published report and following actions bring forward. 

Everything that you have described CM Cannan hasn’t got as well as having no leadership abilities either. I think he has in some cases been asleep at the wheel. As regards ex CM Quayles actions,!he was useless in the first place, so has an excuse, but current CM Cannan considering his CV hasn’t showed he has the stamina to address the big issues, the elephants in the room or other prickly subjects. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I am told that she absolutely wants to, in order to address the major patient safety and clinical governance concerns she tried to address before being turfed out.

But I think Manx Care will allow that .......

When Hell Freezes Over!

I thought reinstatement is one remedy for unfair dismissal, but not sure if it has to be offered. 

Just now, snowman said:

1. "Working" for dhsc isn't what she wants. She was meant to go to Manx care. 2. The current CEO of dhsc was not the CEO at the time 

It’s not going to happen. A very large payout will probably happen. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nellie said:

I wonder if this mess is in any way connected to why Mark Lewin was suddenly given a permanent made-up job in the Cabinet Office. Remember that Will Greenhow was in charge of the overall IOM CoVid response, so perhaps he is going to take the rap for this?

Hopefully between this and the dystopian covid fascist state he founded its seem the lunatic off. 

50 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Everything that you have described CM Cannan hasn’t got as well as having no leadership abilities either. I think he has in some cases been asleep at the wheel. As regards ex CM Quayles actions,!he was useless in the first place, so has an excuse, but current CM Cannan considering his CV hasn’t showed he has the stamina to address the big issues, the elephants in the room or other prickly subjects. 

Leadership brings opportunities to show your qualities as a leader. Many of the most senior positions in politics and the Civil Service have been found to be occupied by people with no leadership competencies. The Chief Minister may be presented with an opportunity to demonstrate he is not one of them. 

8 hours ago, Nellie said:

I wonder if this mess is in any way connected to why Mark Lewin was suddenly given a permanent made-up job in the Cabinet Office. Remember that Will Greenhow was in charge of the overall IOM CoVid response, so perhaps he is going to take the rap for this?

Will Greenhow may have been in charge on paper but Mark Lewin was heavily involved. There's a reason he's landed his position in Cabinet Office. Enterprise designed our exit strategy.

1 hour ago, snowman said:

I think they are referring to the current CEO of DHSS who was acting CEO of DHSS and mentioned as being party to the treatment Dr Ranson received.

Paul Moulton is right though, this does go all the way to the top.  Here is the email sent to Juan Watterson to explain why the medical director was not allowed to answer an email from him.

Screenshot_2022-05-11-09-03-01-26_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg