IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Quote page 38 - Anyone who has read the report of Sir Jonathan Michael, which led to the separation of the DHSC and the creation of Manx Care can have no doubt that the Island’s Health Service was in substantial need of reform. Not least, in Noble’s Hospital, there was a culture of bullying, harassment and an atmosphere of toxicity among the staff. There was also distrust.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Ewart does not come out of this well.

A lot of people don’t come out of this well. Like others have said there is reputational damage, and I doubt the DHSC are going to get decent management to relocate or even want to work for the department or IOMG. Not to mention the legal costs, the costs and damages awarded to the claimant, and then the potential fallout of any other potential criminal offences which may have happened. I would hope that Ashie has planted his money tree orchard, as he will need it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowman said:

Quote page 38 - Anyone who has read the report of Sir Jonathan Michael, which led to the separation of the DHSC and the creation of Manx Care can have no doubt that the Island’s Health Service was in substantial need of reform. Not least, in Noble’s Hospital, there was a culture of bullying, harassment and an atmosphere of toxicity among the staff. There was also distrust.

That sounds like IOMG and not exclusively Nobles Hospital. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It might be worth pointing out that just because someone has been treated appallingly it doesn't necessarily mean they were right, and that it is important not to get the two things mixed up. 

The judgement refers to that - they make no assessment of which was right or wrong, just how the Dr was treated from an employment perspective. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The judgement refers to that - they make no assessment of which was right or wrong, just how the Dr was treated from an employment perspective. 

Won't stop people going on "the Abbotswood Disaster wouldn't have happened if only they'd listened to her" or other equally dumb assertions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Manx17 said:

Do you think the Doctor would want too?

the only thing that will happen is, 

lessons will be learnt and our taxes will foot the bill.

3 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I am told that she absolutely wants to, in order to address the major patient safety and clinical governance concerns she tried to address before being turfed out.

But I think Manx Care will allow that .......

When Hell Freezes Over!

Perhaps relevant was a comment made in the tribunal that had DHSC wished to dismiss her it would have been on competence / performance grounds

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

I think they are referring to the current CEO of DHSS who was acting CEO of DHSS and mentioned as being party to the treatment Dr Ranson received.

Paul Moulton is right though, this does go all the way to the top.  Here is the email sent to Juan Watterson to explain why the medical director was not allowed to answer an email from him.

Screenshot_2022-05-11-09-03-01-26_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

“I hope this helps” is the most insulting way you can end an email. It basically says -  you’re thick stop asking questions. 

23 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It might be worth pointing out that just because someone has been treated appallingly it doesn't necessarily mean they were right, and that it is important not to get the two things mixed up. 

True.  But when medical evidence is presented and advice given to close the borders and introduce mitigations is ignored and people die it's a bit more serious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

A lot of people don’t come out of this well. Like others have said there is reputational damage, and I doubt the DHSC are going to get decent management to relocate or even want to work for the department or IOMG. Not to mention the legal costs, the costs and damages awarded to the claimant, and then the potential fallout of any other potential criminal offences which may have happened. I would hope that Ashie has planted his money tree orchard, as he will need it.

Consider this too after we have had:

- The Abbotswood disaster 

- The Rachel Glover disaster

- The hospital anesthetists disaster 

And those are only since covid. A trail of simply disastrous and expensive court cases, inquiries and employment tribunals that show the DHSC in the most appalling light. So what does Manx Care do? They promote the person who sat over this to an even bigger role within Manx Care. 

Remember too that only some of these are in the public domain. Christ really knows what went on behind Abbotswood or the anesthetists affair as it will never be reported as there was no open court case. The same investigating officer remains in role there too. It’s starting to feel like we live in some approximation of an African Republic. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Consider this too after we have had:

- The Abbotswood disaster 

- The Rachel Glover disaster

- The hospital anesthetists disaster 

Manx Care data breach April 2022

Information Commissioner issues enforcement notice to Manx Care August 2021

• Like 1