IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So then the question is, does it rip the fuckers to bits?

I've just knocked off and 200 pages is a bit much right now, a yes or no would do.

Yes. And no

It rips Ms Magson and new one. It is less than complementary about Dr Ewart’s personality. 

BUT it paints Minister Ashford as being led by the nose. By Ms Magson. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Yes. And no

It rips Ms Magson and new one. It is less than complementary about Dr Ewart’s personality. 

BUT it paints Minister Ashford as being led by the nose. By Ms Magson. 

Which means he is totally unsuited to being in Treasury. He must resign or be sacked immediately.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I'm not sure that the Command Structure was entirely Magson's idea. It's a common model used in the military. You'd have to go through a certain persons LinkedIn history to see where that came from. 

Watterson was in the dressing up box at the time.

• Haha 3

Slippery as an eel...

PM (excitedly): "has she (Ranson) been gagged?"

DA: (forthright): "I can say categorically she has not, in any way shape or form."

This video is well worth a watch; touching on the comedic when Moulton turns on the pressure in the final 5 mins...

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Kopek said:

He hasn't issued his Full Rebuttal yet!!!

I doubt the AGs office are dealing with any criminal cases today?

I’m sure he will come out with his rebuttals, before long. I doubt the AGs office will want to deal with criminal cases, unless it’s someone with 50p worth of weed, or someone broke an obscure law. They were quick to prosecute for coronavirus breaches.

16 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It proves what everyone has known for a long time - he's a snivelling little child who sucks up to anyone who he thinks can be of use to his "career"

Manchild, with a penchant for suits. 

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Especially Ashford. I'd very much like for him to get a slating.

The assessment of his reliability as a witness is ... ambiguous:

80. Mr Segal [Ranson's QC] summarised the evidence of the Minister as “practised and diplomatic seemingly guided by the principle of deniability of anything potentially inconvenient unless/until objective evidence was available to the contrary.” Mr Segal’s written submissions provided examples supporting his observations.

81. In general the approach of the Tribunal was to consider the evidence of the Minister as reflecting his best recollections, albeit not always consistent or easy to support. Because of Miss Magson’s determination to apply the rigid command structure (see further below), the Tribunal considered him to have been over-reliant on Miss Magson for his information. In consequence, he may have been misinformed.

(my bold - which looks like a poor edit of stronger criticism) But if you look at the detailed account it's quite clear that he frequently contradicts himself  and in some cases is just saying whatever he's been told to say.  At best he comes across as a gullible frontman with no idea about what is really going on, at worst he's just as slimy and backstabbing as the rest of them, with even less idea about what is really going on.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Add italics
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

It proves what everyone has known for a long time - he's a snivelling little child who sucks up to anyone who he thinks can be of use to his "career"

How many times has he said “Yes Chief Minister “ ?
Snivel sniveling git. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He says that they received advice about closing the border earlier than they eventually did. They didn’t receive that advice from Dr Ranson, because Ms. Magson prevented that advice from being given to them. 

Edited by Itsmeee
Spelling

25 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If you look at the detailed account it's quite clear that he frequently contradicts himself  and in some cases is just saying whatever he's been told to say.  At best he comes across as a gullible frontman with no idea about what is really going on, at worst he's just as slimy and backstabbing as the rest of them, with even less idea about what is really going on.

Well that is exactly what we all knew from everything that has happened. Like, absolutely exactly. His press conferences are clear evidence of all of that assesment. Nice to have it confirmed in a legal setting.

Thanks Roger.

• Like 1