IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

I can see little point in having an elected Government if they are singularly unable to govern in the interests of the electorate . They and the civil service have in this and other threads been acting against the public purse and the public good !

Much of our infrastructure and front line services is / are crap, despite the amount of money which has been spent on them in the past few years. I read that the eye watering tin shed in Liverpool could be used as little as 4 times a week in winter how much has that debacle cost.

Alf's reaction to this will either be a watershed moment, or the very lumpy rug will again be lifted and more swept under it ! Sadly the latter is probably the bookies favourite.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Frankly, call in the UK.  

Look at the list of debacles, some could be attributed to incompetence, but this is another level and we have to wait a week before an official response from the CM?  Really? 

It needs to be done for the sake of the Island's reputation firstly and then its taxpayers. Enough is enough.

This is but one incident in a long litany of such, to include commissioned reports. 

Shame has been repeatedly heaped on the governance of this Island, this should be the straw that breaks the back. This culture started to take root in the early noughties (IMHO), even when identified it has failed to be addressed; rather it has been swept under the rug so that said culture could continue to flourish. The Chief Secretary should walk first and foremost, he is currently responsible for those in his fold.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Manx Care data breach April 2022

Information Commissioner issues enforcement notice to Manx Care August 2021

Yes those too. When the chips were really down and everyone else’s life was put on hold to protect the DHSC the real depths we sank to as a Banana Republic have now been well and truly exposed. It’s also clear that claims of document forgery come out of this too. Just like the letter that was read out by Ashford to attack Glover and then shredded so that nobody can see it. These people shut down our lives and put our jobs and businesses in jeopardy so that they could play childish playground games with each other while issuing diktats to us about what we could and couldn’t do and stopping us having contact with off island family. 

I hope that criminal charges arise from this. And I hope that someone starts a petition to strip Ashford of his MBE. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

There's the letter, the point by point rebuttal, the Steam Packet fiasco, the Liverpool landing stage, the prom, the airport (parking the state of it,  and the director who was allowed to just walk, whereas we must observe notice periods for the new director) and the critical report into the DOI, the vax hubs, and so it goes on.  

Someone needs to catalogue all of it, every single last balls up. 

• Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Would it be over-dramatic to say this is an affront to every man, woman and child on this island?  Not only to treat RR the way she was treated, but to have such little regard for the law of the island and,  yes you've guessed it, the basic principles of conduct in public life.

I really feel so personally insulted by the lack of respect for the island by these people, lack of respect for the position of public trust they hold and a lack of respect for the institutions intended to assure us of certain protections and rights as a civilised jurisdiction.

I feel an email in the strongest terms  to my MHK is warranted.  Add this to the catalogue of mismanagement and squander that we have seen over recent years, perhaps it is time to call in the UK government. 

Looks like Manx Care was conceived in a private hotel room near Grantham over several meetings. No records of who actually attended and absolutely no minutes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

[...] the airport (parking the state of it,  and the director who was allowed to just walk, whereas we must observe notice periods for the new director)

If you're referring to Reynolds she announced she was going last May and didn't actually leave till October, so she didn't 'walk'.  Though the fact no one noticed is rather telling. 

The real scandal is that nothing seems to have been done then to start looking for a replacement.  Did they just assume that Spake would take over and then discover he was monumentally unqualified, four years after the rest of us?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Roger Mexico said:

If you're referring to Reynolds she announced she was going last May and didn't actually leave till October, so she didn't 'walk'.  Though the fact no one noticed is rather telling. 

The real scandal is that nothing seems to have been done then to start looking for a replacement.  Did they just assume that Spake would take over and then discover he was monumentally unqualified, four years after the rest of us?

Sorry it was Jeremy Spake that I was referring to. 

34 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Frankly, call in the UK.  

Look at the list of debacles, some could be attributed to incompetence, but this is another level and we have to wait a week before an official response from the CM?  Really? 

The CS needs time to cobble together a watery response. 

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There's the letter, the point by point rebuttal, the Steam Packet fiasco, the Liverpool landing stage, the prom, the airport (parking the state of it,  and the director who was allowed to just walk, whereas we must observe notice periods for the new director) and the critical report into the DOI, the vax hubs, and so it goes on.  

Someone needs to catalogue all of it, every single last balls up. 

I'll add the flume to your list. And the persecution of the anaethetists. Oh, and that stupid f'cking card that the hospitality sector didn't want, the consultants didn't recommend, but they introduced. £90k wasted on the will they/won't they railway bridge. And on and on and on.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hoops said:

I'll add the flume to your list. And the persecution of the anaethetists. Oh, and that stupid f'cking card that the hospitality sector didn't want, the consultants didn't recommend, but they introduced. £90k wasted on the will they/won't they railway bridge. And on and on and on.

And now the Airport Car Park App fiasco. 

4 minutes ago, Hoops said:

See, I knew I would miss some.

The anaesthetic 4 is another scandal that needs a microscope over it. Seems like another pillory situation.  Utterly, utterly shameful. 

• Like 2

I'd really like to apologise to Dr Ranson, and also thank her for her work here, and for exposing this morally corrupt, self-serving civil service/political elite of ours for what they are.

How do we get out of this mess?

• Like 5