IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 minute ago, Hoops said:

I'd really like to apologise to Dr Ranson, and also thank her for her work here, and for exposing this morally corrupt, self-serving civil service/political elite of ours for what they are.

How do we get out of this mess?

Probably with a big lump of compensation. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hoops said:

I'd really like to apologise to Dr Ranson, and also thank her for her work here, and for exposing this morally corrupt, self-serving civil service/political elite of ours for what they are.

Good call on the apology.  

As for your second question, a lack of complacency and compliance (for which we were congratulated during Covid) within the population would be a start  

Just now, Gladys said:

See, I knew I would miss some.

The anaesthetic 4 is another scandal that needs a microscope over it. Seems like another pillory situation.  Utterly, utterly shameful. 

And 3 of those I mentioned were in the press last week.

We're getting engulfed in a tsunami of shit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hoops said:

It would help to elect people who will stand up to the civil service. Elect people who pledge to drain the swamp in their manifesto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The Chief Secretary should walk first and foremost, he is currently responsible for those in his fold.

I agree. He is ultimately responsible for the culture across government which then shapes performance, service delivery and financial outcomes.

It is clear that the current post holder cannot see (or doesn’t know how to change) a culture that tolerates waste, lack of accountability, cronyism, poor performance, lying, dishonesty, bullying.......I could go on. 

Cannan has a golden opportunity to initiate cultural and operational change by putting his own man into the CS post, now, with a very clear message that monumental change is coming.

Others senior people either get on the bus, or get out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gladys said:

See, I knew I would miss some.

The anaesthetic 4 is another scandal that needs a microscope over it. Seems like another pillory situation.  Utterly, utterly shameful. 

And, not following ministerial code of practice during covid handout meetings.

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I agree. He is ultimately responsible for the culture across government which then shapes performance, service delivery and financial outcomes.

It is clear that the current post holder cannot see (or doesn’t know how to change) a culture that tolerates waste, lack of accountability, cronyism, poor performance, lying, dishonesty, bullying.......I could go on. 

Cannan has a golden opportunity to initiate cultural and operational change by putting his own man into the CS post, now, with a very clear message that monumental change is coming.

Others senior people either get on the bus, or get out.

The problem is nothing will change if he goes. He's already grooming/moulding his replacement at the moment in the new COO of Cabinet Office. It's just a giant self-perpetuating mess which they'll probably attempt to solve by hiring their favourite consultancy firm to look into.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, Boo Gay'n said:

It is interesting that Mr Wild has not responded to your questions.

In health and social care circles it is widely considered (if not known) that Richy and Jonny knew each other before the latter’s project in the Isle of Man.  Richy introduced him to Alf Cannan – the review was sponsored by Treasury and not the DHSC – and, lo and behold, the Michael Review is suddenly foisted on us without any questions asked, a competitive exercise to find the best consultant/s or any due diligence about Jonny’s background and achievements.  Richy trotted round at his side whenever Jonny was on the island.  At very great expense, as you say, its is then recommended that we adopt the English Lansley reforms which were already totally discredited across.

Almost three years later (yes, three) nothing has improved and many things are worse, and COVID can’t simply be blamed for that.  Was the review value for money?  No.

Look at the front page of today’s Examiner, which shows that 62% of medics say that the Isle of Man is not a good place to work.  If one of the key professional groups feels that, it is clear that all the money thrown at our healthcare system and all of the expensive new hires have achieved nothing.  This whole saga makes me angry and really sad.

Come on Mr Wild, your silence is deafening