IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

30 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I take it in that interview no one questioned Ashford on his default position of lying about everything unless someone specifically showed him to be wrong as detailed in the judgement?

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t coached by the  IOMG spin doctors or AGs office of what to say or not to say for his tribunal appearance. No different to a court appearance, whereby the lawyer/barrister would rehearse the line of questioning. Even this interview, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t advised what to say. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

How about a thorough investigation (by someone other than Sir Jon)?

To be fair, Sir Jon had and has a good reputation, and will be chairing a major public inquiry into the hospital porter who interferred with deceased bodies, in the UK. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

This.... and not just recently either.

It's about titles like "Director of this and that Policy" and very little to do with actually making stuff work for the benefit of the GMT. IOMG is littered with these non-jobs.

I know a 'Manager' at the Financial Services Authority, who doesn't manage anyone.  

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Also if the Government Code says that Ministers must not "involve themselves in individual employment issues" how come Ashford is calling it "disappointing".

I also seem to remember him commenting in public about Dr Glover’s employment status (whether or not she was employed by IOMG and if so in what capacity). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

39 minutes ago, Declan said:

What do you think he's disappointed by - the ruling or the unfair dismissal?

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Also if the Government Code says that Ministers must not "involve themselves in individual employment issues" how come Ashford is calling it "disappointing".

Where is this in the Government code.?

https://hr.gov.im/media/1189/the-government-code-february-2017.pdf

1 minute ago, Itsmeee said:

I also seem to remember him commenting in public about Dr Glover’s employment status (whether or not she was employed by IOMG and if so in what capacity). 

All these little things with Ashford will become his undoing. He is a supposed stickler for rules when it’s suits. He does whatever suits him, then when the result goes against him, and there is a potential chance of criticism, he will wriggle and squirm. He is afraid to defend his previous decision making.

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

All these little things with Ashford will become his undoing. He is a supposed stickler for rules when it’s suits. He does whatever suits him, then when the result goes against him, and there is a potential chance of criticism, he will wriggle and squirm. He is afraid to defend his previous decision making.

And it would appear spelling is not among his strengths either, unless it's a Freudian slip spelling Phoenix as Phoniex.  Maybe it's phoniex projects he's working on nowadays... 

image.thumb.png.a4c297c761bb132146e4a35e19bde34b.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’d be surprised if he wasn’t coached by the  IOMG spin doctors or AGs office of what to say or not to say for his tribunal appearance. No different to a court appearance, whereby the lawyer/barrister would rehearse the line of questioning. Even this interview, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t advised what to say. 

It's fairly certain that they wrote his replies to the Tribunal for him as they keep on pointing out discrepancies between what written evidence and oral testimony.

39 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

And it would appear spelling is not among his strengths either, unless it's a Freudian slip spelling Phoenix as Phoniex.  Maybe it's phoniex projects he's working on nowadays... 

image.thumb.png.a4c297c761bb132146e4a35e19bde34b.png

He must have been working for a building company in Mumbai.  Hell of a commute.

Incidentally can anyone find evidence of a Phoenix Projects on the Isle of Man?

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Or maybe he's just full of shit.

Well for sure he won’t be jacking the job in when the alternative to the £80K a year job carving up £1.5Bn of assets to give to civil servants is being a temporary book keeper with one of the grottiest venues in Douglas and running your own fake project management company.