IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

54 minutes ago, Banker said:

But the criticism of him is not that he bullied Dr Ransom, or took the decision to unfairly dismiss her. It's that at the height of the pandemic he refused to speak to her when she was trying to act as the conduit for the local medical professionals relying instead on a CEO with no medical training who wasn't on the island and had little local knowledge. 

I'd also be interested in his input into the decision to defend the claim and be selective with the disclosures. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Declan said:

But the criticism of him is not that he bullied Dr Ransom, or took the decision to unfairly dismiss her. It's that at the height of the pandemic he refused to speak to her when she was trying to act as the conduit for the local medical professionals relying instead on a CEO with no medical training who wasn't on the island and had little local knowledge. 

I'd also be interested in his input into the decision to defend the claim and be selective with the disclosures. 

Quite so, and it appears the Tribunal are not finished with the issue of disclosure and concerns raised over some documents submitted.  This is not concluded by a long chalk and there will probably be more issues ahead for the collective involved in this sorry affair.  Ashford will brazen it out but he may reach a point of no return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

still on MR this morning a contributor congratulating Minister Ashford’s covid response.

Still missing from these boards, though - where are all his former supporters on here?   I can’t believe none of them have popped up to offer a defence.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hmmmm said:

Quite so, and it appears the Tribunal are not finished with the issue of disclosure and concerns raised over some documents submitted.  This is not concluded by a long chalk and there will probably be more issues ahead for the collective involved in this sorry affair.  Ashford will brazen it out but he may reach a point of no return.

Exactly, this is by no means over, Segal and Falkowski have already asked for Magsons Non Disclosure of documents to be referred to the high court under contempt of court rules. The Tribunal chair deferred that ruling but said the tribunal will be having a disclosure hearing at which point S + F can reapply. This could get very nasty for Magson and her alleged partners in crime!

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

This really highlights why senior CS employees shouldn't be allowed to live off island. The 'Grantham meetings' had no minutes taken, they were covert off island meetings basically held in secret, ridiculous.

I remember DA defending the decision early in 2020, (iirc) almost as though those who raised concerns were luddites and ignorant of the benefit of the digital age.  That went well  

ETA but he doesn’t get involved in personnel matters. 

Further ETA, he clearly said on MR that the Minister signs something to say that personnel issues are for the Dept not the Minister.  The Minister's role being to appoint the CEO!

Edited by Gladys
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Steady Eddie said:

Alf put him in the role purely because he knows that he’s just a clueless stooge who will do whatever he is told. 

But....who might also have recommended him to Alf on that basis...?

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I remember DA defending the decision early in 2020, (iirc) almost as though those who raised concerns were luddites and ignorant of the benefit of the digital age.  That went well  

ETA but he doesn’t get involved in personnel matters. 

22 minutes ago, Johnny F said:

Exactly, this is by no means over, Segal and Falkowski have already asked for Magsons Non Disclosure of documents to be referred to the high court under contempt of court rules. The Tribunal chair deferred that ruling but said the tribunal will be having a disclosure hearing at which point S + F can reapply. This could get very nasty for Magson and her alleged partners in crime!

Unfortunately looking at the failures of DHSS and Manx care to provide documentation could be simply ineptitude rather than malice. 

Many people think an independent inquiry into covid is a waste of money.   But this case and that of Dr Glover are just the tip of a very very smelly iceberg.  

Those who have lost loved ones based on the arrogance shown by Ashford, Ewart and Magson deserve a full independent enquiry. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

The worrying thing for me is how many treasury ministers have gone on to be CM !

Look what the last such example left us with....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Off on the next shill assignment elsewhere. 

TBH I don't think the supporters were shills, just very frightened people who were grateful they didn't die. They don't care about all the other things as they survived and that is all that matters. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

ETA - and now, this gaslighting manipulating sleaze ball is in charge of our finances!

Do something Alf.

Tim Glover also on MR this morning saying ‘lessons with be learned’ is no longer enough.

Ashford has got to go. 

The more interesting part of that interview was the pressure put on Manx Radio not to report the story in the first place: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tribunal-decision-should-be-watershed-moment-says-mhk/

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m talking about the ones who were posting on here. Or the one person posting under twenty different names. 

Ah, OK.  I can't remember anyone who came across as a shill, tbh.  Blind, frightened and self-interested, perhaps.

27 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

But....who might also have recommended him to Alf on that basis...?

Alf already had him pencilled in before he was CM as one of his key supporters. Chris Thomas should be in Treasury but Alf wouldn’t want anyone difficult to control in charge!

• Like 2