IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

29 minutes ago, Attila said:

It’s astonishing how much the ego of one person has had such a significant impact, both on Dr Ranson and the health and well-being of the people of this Island. Magson should be brought to account, in a Manx court of law for the shocking and disgraceful conduct she has displayed. 

Didn't she refuse to come when asked to come for the tribunal ? 

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Didn't she refuse to come when asked to come for the tribunal ? 

I think so, she refused to submit to the Tribunal's jurisdiction.  Not sure how that panned out as it would seem she gave evidence. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shake me up Judy said:

How can any public servant refuse to submit to a tribunal ? Isn't it effectively a civil court ? What were her terms of contract with the DHSC that gave her this professional immunity ?  

That was the issue. She claimed that she had a UK contract of employment and wasn’t employed by the IOM DHSC so wasn’t required to appear in person. She cited child care issues and did it remotely. 

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

How can any public servant refuse to submit to a tribunal ? Isn't it effectively a civil court ? What were her terms of contract with the DHSC that gave her this professional immunity ?  

David Ashford couldn't possibly discuss this as it's against the ministerial code.....

Whilst at the same time explaining in detail to the media briefing Dr Glovers employment status!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

She was seconded and is no longer an IOM public servant. 

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It's what happens when you have a jurisdiction with Mickey Mouse aspirations and claims of "independence".

For some it can conveniently work both ways.

• Like 2

Just now, Shake me up Judy said:

'Wasn't employed by the IOM DHSC' ? I'd like to see that contract. I wonder who drew it up and signed it off ?  

She was seconded,  which could take two forms that I have seen.  A contract with her employer for her services and we pay her employer  who then pays her or she agrees a kind of sabbatical where she is excused from her employment for a period, her employment rights are preserved and her job  or equivalent is still available to her at the end of the secondment, we pay her direct. 

5 minutes ago, Newsdesk said:

That was the issue. She claimed that she had a UK contract of employment and wasn’t employed by the IOM DHSC so wasn’t required to appear in person. She cited child care issues and did it remotely. 

But the strange thing is that if you look at her Linkedin it shows her previous employment ending in Jan 2020 and her starting a new job in Jan 2022:

image.png.be6e414b6174faee861c6da64047b506.png

Which suggests that she wasn't on secondment despite what she claims.  Of course Human Resources seem completely unaware of what the situation is in any case.

You'll note she also doesn't mention her time with the IOM DHSC.  Funny that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But the strange thing is that if you look at her Linkedin it shows her previous employment ending in Jan 2020 and her starting a new job in Jan 2022:

image.png.be6e414b6174faee861c6da64047b506.png

Which suggests that she wasn't on secondment despite what she claims.  Of course Human Resources seem completely unaware of what the situation is in any case.

You'll note she also doesn't mention her time with the IOM DHSC.  Funny that.

Yep, I saw that too.   But she is a 360 Leadership Academy Facilitator!