Howard shows Elton John how its done...

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Driver2020 said:

Alf has achieved nothing after all the years he has been MHK.

I watched one of the local radio / YouTube candidate debates recently. He was the grown up in the room. Really the only serious candidate there from what I could see.

I would say that he is one of a very small number of MHKs who seem to have any authority.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, pongo said:

I watched one of the local radio / YouTube candidate debates recently. He was the grown up in the room. Really the only serious candidate there from what I could see.

I would say that he is one of a very small number of MHKs who seem to have any authority.

Alf talks a good game, I have spoken to him on many occasions. I think he is essentially a good person, but he will be stymied by the civil servants, the all important CEOs who will not accept change, and will protect their domains. Back to square one, with one difference, Alf is a better choice than Quayle. Allinson would be step backwards, not far off Quayle Mk2, only brighter. 

11 hours ago, kevster said:

At least it will stop you doing the pointless HRH bit when he goes

If the new Chief Minister behaves like a pompous oaf, they will probably attract a new  name on here. Quayle was known as Toad of Toad Hall well before he became a Minister. Since being made CM he behaved like he was Royalty, and his current tour is making him a laughing stock. 

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

lets see if he declares  in the members interests  register  weather Lansons the london PR agency  took him out for a slap up dinner while he was on his farewell tour , he can always be brought back to give evidence to Tynwald  after the new house is formed , if he has been a naughty boy ,and not declared

They would have organised the radio interview with Times Radio. Would it have made a difference if he was interviewed by the Times or a down market National radio station. Not really, I can’t imagine anyone took any notice. Quayle was interviewed in January this year boasting about the islands Covid success, until the Steamie debacle. I’m sure our esteemed PR consultants organised all his tv, radio and PR coverage. Incidentally it’s another cost that IOM PLC has to bear.

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

I didn't mean that Cannan is the only serious CM candidate. I mean that he seemed to have very much more authority than anyone else standing in the Michael constituency.

That’s not really hard though. Lots of choice, but other than Alf, anyone is better than Tim Baker.

To those who think that Chris Thomas would be a great CM, I would say that he would be a Chief Fence Sitter. Decisions and unpopular ones will need to be made. The time for weighty tomes, thesis and essays are over. 

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

Same here.  I never know if TVOR is deliberately stirring the pot, or if they genuinely believe what they post.  I would hope the former, but suspect the latter. 

I believe my thoughts about Mr Ashford coincide with the majority of the voters and I suspect that will be confirmed next Thursday. 

I do not understand the hate and vitriol heaped upon him on these pages.OK he may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the personal abuse is beyond the pale.

I have asked before why the majority of MF posters seem to think he is not worthy of re-election and the only answer given is that the electorate are stupid.

Well I’m sorry that’s not good enough for me.

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I believe my thoughts about Mr Ashford coincide with the majority of the voters and I suspect that will be confirmed next Thursday. 

I do not understand the hate and vitriol heaped upon him on these pages.OK he may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the personal abuse is beyond the pale.

I have asked before why the majority of MF posters seem to think he is not worthy of re-election and the only answer given is that the electorate are stupid.

Because he's full of shit and an out and out liar!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He stood in front of the camera and told the Great Manx Public in a live broadcast an outright lie.

• Like 4