Howard shows Elton John how its done...

Manx Bean

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The thoroughly scummy comments continue. That’s a shame. 

Not just scummy but also impossible to prove, Covid itself is known to cause blood clots, we all know HQ has had Covid, so anyone using his stroke to push some sort of anti vax agenda is an absolute fool.

The same can be said for HQ though, I sincerely hope he isn’t going to blame the stress of the job and try to milk the occasion for all it’s worth, particularly when some of the decisions made during the pandemic caused undue stress for many others. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, quilp said:

There'll be an existing contract with BoC, probably. Likely the bottled stuff is for community and nursing homes, etc. Don't think the plant has a bottling facility. 

Up until the opening of the new hospital, old Nobles was one of the few places in the world to have its own medical oxygen producing equipment (the other was in the Channel Islands I recall). It was a pain to maintain and required regular input from the UK - BOC at the time. Self-generation of oxygen on site was, in part, required because the Steam Packet were understandably, unhappy with liquefied oxygen tankers being transported across the Irish Sea given the fire risk as the tankers periodically need to release tank pressure which was upwards of 95% pure oxygen.

When the new Nobles hospital was built that changed and the Steam Packet and the IOM Govt came to an arrangement where the tankers would always be on the top deck of the boat so that any 'gassing off' was direct to atmosphere. A Vacuum Insulated Evaporator (VIE), effectively a huge pressurised oxygen storage vessel, was erected at the rear of the hospital site. The VIE gets refilled every couple of weeks from UK tankers depending on the demand within the hospital for oxygen which often peaks during the winter. Bottled gas I understand is still being delivered for home use of patients, nursing homes etc. To have a bottling plant is expensive and I would doubt the Manx demand for medical grade oxygen would make it a non-starter financially given it will be cheaper to import directly.

• Thanks 4

I wish Howard Quayle a full and speedy recovery.

Any questions flowing from this matter may seem premature and unfeeling right now but they are relevant. Incidentally, during this whole pandemic I only know 2 people (Isle of Man) who have had Covid-19 and Howard Quayle is one of them.

58 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Any questions flowing from this matter may seem premature and unfeeling right now but they are relevant. Incidentally, during this whole pandemic I only know 2 people (Isle of Man) who have had Covid-19 and Howard Quayle is one of them.

only 2 , 2 of my kids have had it and numerous friends, i gave up counting , a bit like government once they were overwhelmed with the numbers.

Edited by WTF

6 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I doubt anyone ‘milks’ a stroke but please do crack on in what is now starting to look like the shittiest thread going. 

Perhaps ‘milk‘ is the wrong word, but you definitely get people that enjoy the sympathy and absolutely relish in it, like some sort of Greek God being hand fed grapes. I personally have more respect for those who just get on with it and treat it as one of life’s bumps in the road.

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

I know quite a few now, I also know three who have died from it.

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Perhaps you should choose the right words then as it appears that you suggested that Quayle might want to ‘milk’ the fact that he’s had a stroke. Which sounds quite offensive really. 

Exactly. I’ve heard nothing to suggest that HQ is “milking” it.

As far as I know he is just getting on with it and therefore worthy of Annoymouse’s respect.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Perhaps you should choose the right words then as it appears that you suggested that Quayle might want to ‘milk’ the fact that he’s had a stroke. Which sounds quite offensive really. 

I didn’t suggest he would ‘milk’ it, only that he had the opportunity to ‘milk’ it and that I desperately hope he doesn’t. So far he seems to be humble about the situation.

43 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Not offensive at all.

Quite frankly,it'd have been no concern to me if it had finished him off