Election Results Thread

Amadeus

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

How was it a mess? I used a postal vote and it didn't seem complicated in the least. 

The way you have to fill in the form, tear off the ballot, stuff it in different envelopes. A lot of people got confused and shoved it all in one envelope. Result was that the RO had to go through them (after speaking to the candidates) and sort it out one by one. 

Another observation-

Majority of candidates have swallowed or jumped upon the climate change bandwagon. As such I hope the TT and all motorsports are banned, especially those polluting the environment. Thousands of visiting motorcycles, vans and other motor vehicles spewing emissions into the Manx atmosphere not conducive to climate change, and certainly doesn’t ring true to principles. 

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Another observation-

Majority of candidates have swallowed or jumped upon the climate change bandwagon. As such I hope the TT and all motorsports are banned, especially those polluting the environment. Thousands of visiting motorcycles, vans and other motor vehicles spewing emissions into the Manx atmosphere not conducive to climate change, and certainly doesn’t ring true to principles. 

How many manifestos, ever, have mentioned the TT (particularly in a negative way). It would be a waste of reams and reams of glossy paper and stamps.

7 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The way you have to fill in the form, tear off the ballot, stuff it in different envelopes. A lot of people got confused and shoved it all in one envelope. Result was that the RO had to go through them (after speaking to the candidates) and sort it out one by one. 

I read through the instructions first - it was all pretty self-evident. It honestly wasn't difficult. People who were unable to work it out correctly maybe shouldn't be permitted to vote.

Yeah yeah I know. I'm just cranky waiting for Glenfaba and Peel's results.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Another observation-

This came up in the Rushen debate. They all spoke for TT as a testing ground for green technologies. The green candidate made the point that riding here was a less polluting holiday than flying to the sun. I wasn't entirely convinced.

• Like 2