Election Results Thread

Amadeus

In response to Beth Espey's jubilant count of the woman now in House of Keys, Tony Brown retorted that if you go back to the 70s and 80s there were quite a few woman back then. He is holding court and somehow exuding some strange confidence, and has been all night, but this is total bollox.

There were less women in House of Keys during the whole of those two decades than there are in this election.

49 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

What takes so long? My 4 year old can count quicker than this lot.

The postal vote system was a mess. People used it wrong and I’m guessing other constituencies had the same issues as East. Needs to be simplified. Delayed the count by at least 45 minutes. 

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

In response to Beth Espey's jubilant count of the woman now in House of Keys, Tony Brown retorted that if you go back to the 70s and 80s there were quite a few woman back then. He is holding court and somehow exuding some strange confidence, and has been all night, but this is total bollox.

There were less women in House of Keys during the whole of those two decades than there are in this election.

It’s not for civil servants to pass comment. Perhaps she may like to have the moral backbone and resign. There is a seat on the IOMG Gravy Train soon departing from the Platform.

If a woman wishes to stand for elected office then they are entitled to do so. Nobody is sticking a gun at their heads, preventing their right to stand for election, and nor should they be given any preferential treatment. We should all be treated equally. Unfortunately on IOM some treated more equally than others.

Edited by 2112

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Did you see Moulton shushing him whilst the one woman on the panel was talking about the glass ceiling.

Thanks for all the positive comments, you're very kind. For those less generous, I hope over the next 5 years I'll be able to prove you wrong.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm enjoying a crystal flute of Declan's tears...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

How hard can it be to count the votes. They've had five hours in Garff & Ramsey - that is 600 minutes, for what? about 6,000 votes? That is a speed of 10 votes per minute. Time this was done online. People don't have the skills to count paper anymore. That - and the national broadcaster deliberately trying to make the whole process as mind-numbingly boring as possible - is not going to encourage more people to vote. 

1 minute ago, Stu Peters said:

Thanks for all the positive comments, you're very kind. For those less generous, I hope over the next 5 years I'll be able to prove you wrong.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm enjoying a crystal flute of Declan's tears...

I for one voted for you. Your manifesto was brief, short and sweet, unlike some others which resembled War and Peace. Now your elected, I hope you don’t allow the Civil Servants to brainwash you into the Manx Way.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

How hard can it be to count the votes. They've had five hours in Garff & Ramsey - that is 600 minutes, for what? about 6,000 votes? That is a speed of 10 votes per minute. Time this was done online. People don't have the skills to count paper anymore. That - and the national broadcaster deliberately trying to make the whole process as mind-numbingly boring as possible - is not going to encourage more people to vote. 

Recounts, delays due to the screwed up postal votes, the fact these things can’t be rushed. It takes time. 

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

The postal vote system was a mess. People used it wrong and I’m guessing other constituencies had the same issues as East. Needs to be simplified. Delayed the count by at least 45 minutes. 

How was it a mess? I used a postal vote and it didn't seem complicated in the least. 

• Like 1