Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

he wasn't bright enough when it came to expecting laxey   residents to swallow the bullshit he was pedaling on his departments say so.  should have just been honest and said they fucked up.

Why would he have had any clue that there was a hole in a wall in Laxey?

I fear you greatly misunderstand what ministers and department members roles are?  Do you expect them to meet every member of staff each day and personally approve everything they are doing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

He's a good gp. A man very much suited to being a gp. Whoever persuaded him that could transfer to politics is an imbecile and no, it wasn't me

I bet someone made the throwaway remark "ooh, you should be an MHK", and the doctor's own not inconsiderable ambition and ego did the rest.

This is how many of our lot became MHKs.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Why would he have had any clue that there was a hole in a wall in Laxey?

I fear you greatly misunderstand what ministers and department members roles are?  Do you expect them to meet every member of staff each day and personally approve everything they are doing?

days after the fact i'd expect him to have learned that there was a hole in the wall.

13 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

In my extensive research I have little or no examples of prostitution over here. Apart from around TT time and special events. Girls travelling in to service the need . 😉

So that place at the end of the prom isn't a brothel then?

Mind you, the place has probably gone bust due to the promenade works?

Edited by Max Power

38 minutes ago, WTF said:

days after the fact i'd expect him to have learned that there was a hole in the wall.

I wouldn’t.  Not even in his constituency and it isn’t a MHKs job to get involved in the day to day running and operations of a department.  I would rather they be doing something useful.

Guess it shows how they can never win with different levels of expectations but I question how we will ever get people who can run the island effectively when the electorate expect them to be involved in every single issue and cast their votes based on who knocked on their door, who they know, and very local issues rather than looking at the national picture.

Nobody who stood on national issues and ran a campaign without making themselves known to Doris and Boris stands a chance of getting elected regardless of how accomplished they were because Boris and Doris will always vote for that nice chap who called on the Tuesday before the election, promised to fox the fence down the road and save the village hall no one uses.  Oh and he lives in Gertude’s old house just down the road.

The whole system is screwed and only the electorate can change it by casting their votes wisely.  But they don’t, as highlighted by threads here and on Facebook where fools think the key to if you should vote for someone is whether they personally visited them. Bizarre 

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Max Power said:

So that place at the end of the prom isn't a brothel then?

Mind you, the place has probably gone bust due to the promenade works?

Which place is this Max, do you know how you get there? 😂

14 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

In my extensive research I have little or no examples of prostitution over here. Apart from around TT time and special events. Girls travelling in to service the need . 😉

A quick Google search suggests otherwise... 

Aren't we supposed to be clamping down on cheap offshore labour? 

26 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Anywhere else but here, yes, I think it would make perfect sense. 

Too many willing amateurs here. Even during TT; the competition for fresh meat amongst the amateurs is fierce.

Or so I hear.