Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Or didn't fill the form in at all like most of them.  (JPW was at Ball from 1982-9 btw, so she must be about 50)

Golly, just a few years ahead of me at BHS, but I don’t remember a Jane Kissack.

On second thoughts, maybe I do from drama clubs. Is her mum Val Kissack (musical theatre) 🤔

Claire Christian was in my year for A levels so she is 47/48.

Edited by 747-400
Added my second thoughts

Meanwhile the members of the new Keys are gathering to be sworn in and will electing the Speaker this afternoon:

Forthcoming Sitting Dates

Following the General Election yesterday the Members of the House of Keys will be sworn in by the First Deemster on Tuesday September 28th at 11:30am. On the same day at 2:30pm the Speaker will be elected by the House of Keys and any other business conducted.

The President has decided that there will be a special sitting of Tynwald Court on Thursday 30th September at 10.30am to consider Public Health Regulations and other business.

The House of Keys will sit at 10.00am on Tuesday October 12th to elect a new Chief Minister. The first ordinary sitting of Tynwald for the new session will be at 10.30am on Tuesday 19th October.

It will be interesting if anyone else than Watterson is put forward - but only three MHKs have more than 5 years experience from the old Keys (Watterson (15), Cannan (10) and Thomas (8)) plus Crookall with 9 years 2006-15 plus 5 on LegCo.

20 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It will be interesting if anyone else than Watterson is put forward - but only three MHKs have more than 5 years experience from the old Keys (Watterson (15), Cannan (10) and Thomas (8)) plus Crookall with 9 years 2006-15 plus 5 on LegCo.

If Waterson has any ambition to be Chief Minister now or in the future then he should not stand as speaker. It is about time he got his hands dirty and stood up to be counted by contributing to Government rather than than take the easy money.

I will probably get abuse for this but somebody like Rob Callister is probably a good choice. Likes the attention and procedure but probably has not much to contribute to a Government as a minister.   

7 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

If Waterson has any ambition to be Chief Minister now or in the future then he should not stand as speaker. It is about time he got his hands dirty and stood up to be counted by contributing to Government rather than than take the easy money.

I will probably get abuse for this but somebody like Rob Callister is probably a good choice. Likes the attention and procedure but probably has not much to contribute to a Government as a minister.   

That'll be Rob I-can't-remember-what-amendments-I'm-moving-on-the-competition-bill Callister. Yeah he'd be perfect to be in charge of the business of the house...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Not for Speaker. He needs to be either Chief Minister or Minister of the Department of Infrastructure. 

Either way he will make a complete Horlicks of the job, but at least everyone knows what they are getting. If he runs for Chief Minister, and by some miracle gets elected, it will be comedy gold 24/7 on here. Could the Peoples Prince he be any worse than Quayle?

3 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I agree, Speaker would be ideal for her,.

Cannot do much harm there.

Agree. I think she is dangerous to be given a Ministerial role, so this way it’s the best option. However, I’m inclined to think it will be JW.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Not for Speaker. He needs to be either Chief Minister or Minister of the Department of Infrastructure. 

Either way he will make a complete Horlicks of the job, but at least everyone knows what they are getting. If he runs for Chief Minister, and by some miracle gets elected, it will be comedy gold 24/7 on here. Could the Peoples Prince he be any worse than Quayle?

he could make quayle look good.

• Haha 1