Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

The best person for the top job would be one who exemplifies the Nolan Principles, & to me the experienced MHK who best demonstrates these virtues is Mrs Caine

image.png.c44e08bd8819ec822265bde8e08a2447.png

You’ve pinched those from Gladys. They’re only hers to list every month or so!

And you’ve missed the eight and most important one.

. Being in the mood for dancing

• Haha 2

On 9/27/2021 at 8:30 PM, 747-400 said:

Golly, just a few years ahead of me at BHS, but I don’t remember a Jane Kissack.

On second thoughts, maybe I do from drama clubs. Is her mum Val Kissack (musical theatre) 🤔

Claire Christian was in my year for A levels so she is 47/48.

Yes, JPW is Val Kissack’s daughter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

Yes you are right but non of the usual suspects that have served in the Bell and Quayle Regimes, and held ministerial roles have had the guts to stand up to the Sir Humphrey and Government Offices Mandarins. Quayle was weak as well, after all look at the increased civil servant headcount, which increases the pension liability to the taxpayer. Look at the new Government schemes, which come with new mini empires, like an octopus. Administrators, EOs, SEOs and HEOs to run registers etc.

As regards Rob Callister, it is possible that he hit the campaign trail, canvassing for a CM nomination. On this island I wouldn’t be surprised, regardless of ability. Let’s face it he sat on the Promenade Committee for 3 years and obviously did diddly squat - unable to influence - a good characteristic of a CM. Keeping Quiet - definite Manx politician characteristic. I don’t think Alf, Alex or Chris have any other better skills. You can only work with the Tools at your disposal. Crap Tools!

You can definitely rule out Ashford. I would hazard a guess that if the Industrial Tribunal goes against the DHSC, and Ashford is criticised, he may have to resign both ministerial and MHK seat - take one for the team!

That is assuming there is a team. 

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You’ve pinched those from Gladys. They’re only hers to list every month or so!

And you’ve missed the eight and most important one.

. Being in the mood for dancing

No, those are the principles that every person holding public office is required to sign up to.  

Whether they are understood is another matter. 

• Like 1