Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, asitis said:

If we really want change the MHK's should not elect either of these two, they went along with HQ and the dross of the past 5 years, at least CT spoke up , he would be my choice.

Thinking about it, these two are just Quayle incarnations. We've seen how they will just 'take it' from the fiddle playing farmer.

I'm warming to the idea of say Barber, Poole-Wilson, and aye, Daphne.

Juan Watterson is the ideal candidate in my view, but his ambitions and sights seem to be set lower, and he seems to have allowed himself to peak far too early in his career, which is a pity. 

Edited by Barlow

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Barber has experience, and the gumption to speak up. 

Like she did. when there were bullying problems in Nobles and she indicated could not say anything in case she wanted a job back there later?

Yeah, some gumption.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Cannan, should he become CM, also chooses only men as ministers. Alinson would be much more likely to include women. 

They'll both have women in there Cabinet. There is no way they would be able to get away with anything else. 

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

Like she did. when there were bullying problems in Nobles and she indicated could not say anything in case she wanted a job back there later?

Yeah, some gumption.

It could be said that her statement was, in a roundabout and ironic manner, also highlighting the bullying problem. Bullied into silence lest she be punished for speaking-out? She wouldn't be the first to be silenced in such a way, nor the last I suspect...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

And Baker's promotion? Or Boot, Crageen and Harmer staying in COMIN for all his term? What leadership skills had Quayle displayed prior to becoming CM - he'd been a disastrous health minister. 

Anyway it should be the policies and team around them that's more important than "having run a department" for CM. 

It seems there's Quayle has defined some non-existent rules that benefit people like Quayle ...

• Ministers must have served in Tynwald before. 
  • CM must have been a minister.

Stupid "traditions" like this need to be done way with.  If we keep following the same processes we inevitably make the same mistakes. 

11 minutes ago, Apple said:

Yeah, some gumption.

Barber true to her former Conservative party membership is supporting one of the biggest Tories in the House in Cannan. I wonder if super Tory fan boy Ashford will be doing the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Barber true to her former Conservative party membership is supporting one of the biggest Tories in the House in Cannan. I wonder if super Tory fan boy Ashford will be doing the same.

DA has stated on the Mannin line he will be voting for fellow tory AC

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

They'll both have women in there Cabinet. There is no way they would be able to get away with anything else. 

I'm not holding my breath where Cannan's concerned. Although... I could see him making Barber a minister as a reward for nomination. 

ETA:  The word "token" springs to mind.

Edited by Zarley

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

I'm not holding my breath where Cannan's concerned. Although... I could see him making Barber a minister as a reward for nomination. 

Minister as a reward? More likely he will struggle to find people wanting to take the positions.  

Not much extra pay in return for one of a number of poisoned chalices where you put yourself up as a scapegoat for other people’s  poor decisions and errors.  No thanks. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Minister as a reward? More likely he will struggle to find people wanting to take the positions.  

Not much extra pay in return for one of a number of poisoned chalices where you put yourself up as a scapegoat for other people’s  poor decisions and errors.  No thanks. 

An extra £10,000 isn't bad.