Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

He'll do as little as possible to combat climate change & believe he has a mandate to continue his war of attrition against our system of social security

He'd be a fcuking disaster as CM

The same could be applied to Alex Allinson, who wants to be elected at any cost. I’m afraid our system of social security needs serious reform.

The genuine sick and infirm should get the help and support, and the genuine needy should get assistance. Social security benefits aren’t designed for people to go out and purchase luxury items, designer sportswear, sit in the pub or subscribe to sky. It is supposed to be a safety net. I’m sorry if I offend.

Robertshaw years ago had the right intentions but it got screwed up at implementation. Some here are taking the piss which is making it hard for the genuine cases. Others able to work should be given support, but if they refuse the offers and won’t work, then tough love is required, not soft touch councillors and sympathetic MHKs. 

• Like 1