Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I believe that if there is a stalemate on Tuesday then Mr Squeaker can invite fresh nominations. 

Thanks @2112

Ah, I see. That would be most unusual but it could happen I suppose.  

It would either be a complete chance event or take some supreme engineering of the rest of the MHKs. Might get CT back in the game and off the back bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Max Power said:

Newspapers run online polls.

For the IOM Newspapers poll you can email in your vote, providing your telephone number for verification

It's not an online poll & I imagine you'll have to buy the Examiner next week to get the result

It'll be too late to have any impact on Tuesday's House of Keys appointment process

12 hours ago, Apple said:

Thanks @2112

It would either be a complete chance event or take some supreme engineering of the rest of the MHKs. Might get CT back in the game and off the back bench.

It's the first time the House of Keys has voted on the appointment of the CM isn't it? Bit early to say what is usual or unusual

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Apple said:

Thanks @2112

Perhaps it may introduce a new candidate and when they realise what they have done, they will get behind one candidate. It can focus the mind.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pongo said:

Definitely not one of your better silly ideas and a recipe for a very nasty sort of mob rule.

Take this to its logical conclusion and in no time at all bodies will be swinging from lampposts. That's what will make the mob happy.

But even ahead of that it's an argument for economic ruin. People want greater government spending for less money. They want more freedom for themselves but less for everyone else.

MHks canvassing opinion in their constituencies will lead to bodies swing from lamp posts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

Brexit referendum outcome is accepted as a democratic result isn't it?

Hardly a great argument for giving the mob what they want.

(Fuel shortages, labour shortages, economic chaos, looming inflation, trouble in the north of Ireland. It's getting like the 1970s. And some people seriously trying to write off the chaos as transitional - as if it were somehow part of the plan).

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister is the leader of this style of gesture politics

MHK's are not elected to become delegates or to run back to the constituents every five minutes  looking for a steer , the buck stops with them , thats why we have voted them in ,  there are many burning issues  that  require  urgent attention , and since the OECD agreement on Taxation yesterday, and energy prices going through the roof  they need to make a decision and stop faffing about  trying to play to the audience and media ,

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, pongo said:

Hardly a great argument for giving the mob what they want.

(Fuel shortages, labour shortages, economic chaos, looming inflation, trouble in the north of Ireland. It's getting like the 1970s. And some people seriously trying to write off the chaos as transitional - as if it were somehow part of the plan).

Nevertheless when it came to the #Brexit referendum result the howling mob got what they wanted

24 minutes ago, Omobono said:

MHK's are not elected to become delegates or to run back to the constituents every five minutes  looking for a steer , the buck stops with them , thats why we have voted them in ,  there are many burning issues  that  require  urgent attention , and since the OECD agreement on Taxation yesterday, and energy prices going through the roof  they need to make a decision and stop faffing about  trying to play to the audience and media ,

Are you an MHK by any chance?

18 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Nevertheless when it came to the #Brexit referendum result the howling mob got what they wanted

The Isle of Man is extremely fond of cheap foreign labour. With the implementation of Brexit and its affect on the island, isn’t it time that the Manx Government got it act together to encourage, incentivise the remaining unemployed or benefit recipients to enter the workplace. For example, agricultural and fish processing, cleaning and hospitality trades. Sadly some businesses have had it good. 

• Like 2