Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

MHK's are not elected to become delegates or to run back to the constituents every five minutes  looking for a steer , the buck stops with them , thats why we have voted them in ,  there are many burning issues  that  require  urgent attention , and since the OECD agreement on Taxation yesterday, and energy prices going through the roof  they need to make a decision and stop faffing about  trying to play to the audience and media ,

Some of us can do more than one thing at once. Even the men...

I promised the voters I'd keep them up to date with important political issues and have invited comments on who shoud be the next CM. I'm not using antisocial media to tell people what I had for breakfast, and will make my own decision on who to vote for in due course, but it's interesting to hear what people think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

Are you an MHK by any chance?

Sorry can't claim that fame , just another poor soul who is sitting around watching Rome burn ,I don't ever remember so many major  challenges facing  the isle of man ,and wondering if I can still afford to live here ,or indeed if we have  the luxury of dragging out  a election for Chief Minister ,while everyone seems to be playing petty politics 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Some of us can do more than one thing at once. Even the men...

I promised the voters I'd keep them up to date with important political issues and have invited comments on who shoud be the next CM. I'm not using antisocial media to tell people what I had for breakfast, and will make my own decision on who to vote for in due course, but it's interesting to hear what people think.

What do you think of the Cannan policy platform Stu - are there aspects that appeal to you?

Baffling to me that he has been in office for so long and has so few concrete plans for the future. I'm surprised so many people seem to accept it

Edited by SleepyJoe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

What do you think of the Cannan policy platform Stu - are there aspects that appeal to you?

Baffling to me that he has been in office for so long and has so few concrete plans for the future. I'm surprised so many people seem to accept it

He talks posh, that's all people really seem to care about. He wouldn't stand a chance if people used their memory of how his policies screwed over hundreds of households during the lockdowns. 

• Like 2

Stu Peters talks 'Posh'???

Ok Stu you are making all the right noises on listening to your electorate, just what we need!

Are you going to act on those desires or are you going to make your own mind up and to hell with popular opinion?

Who are you voting for next week?

10 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He wouldn't stand a chance if people used their memory of how his policies screwed over hundreds of households during the lockdowns. 

The IOM Govt did a good job of handling the pandemic. Nobody had trained for that.

• Like 2

Just now, pongo said:

The IOM Govt did a good job of handling the pandemic. Nobody had trained for that.

They locked down late (against advice); they failed to listen to advice again about testing at the borders leading to the second outbreak; the psuedo furlough scheme was implemented late and didn't offer adequate support; they didn't check up what the Steam Packet were doing leading to the third outbreak, they blamed the Packet for their failure; Abbotswood; and then they gave up 4 weeks too early when they should have waited for more people to be vaccinated. The Manx public did a fantastic job and CoMin claimed it as their own.

Back to Howie... Seriously what has he been up to?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Stu Peters talks 'Posh'???

Ok Stu you are making all the right noises on listening to your electorate, just what we need!

Are you going to act on those desires or are you going to make your own mind up and to hell with popular opinion?

Who are you voting for next week?

Cannan not Peters you plonker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He talks posh, that's all people really seem to care about. He wouldn't stand a chance if people used their memory of how his policies screwed over hundreds of households during the lockdowns. 

Alf Cannan talks posh? Since when? 

• Haha 1