Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

The lady indicated her intention in advance

Both Glenfaba & Peel MHKs voted for Cannan - making the emptying out of Harmer and Boot somewhat futile

Crookall will be hoping for a ministerial position for his safe vote, and will probably get one.

46 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Which idiots spoiled their papers/chicken out of making a decision/tried to be all cutting edge and trendy by wanting a “progressive” candidate.

Shoukd be thrown out

Unless there's a specific 're-open nominations' option, what else are they meant to do if they don't really want either of them to be Chief?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nomination for new Manx National Anthem

What's it all about Alfie
Is it just for the moment we live

What's it all about
When you sort it out, Alfie
Are we meant to take more than we give
Or are we meant to be kind?

And if, if only fools are kind, Alfie
Then I guess it is wise to be cruel
And if life belongs only to the strong, Alfie
What will you lend on an old golden rule?

As sure as I believe there's a heaven above
Alfie, I know there's something much more
Something even non-believers can believe in

I believe in love, Alfie
Without true love we just exist, Alfie
Until you find the love you've missed
You're nothing, Alfie

When you walk let your heart lead the way
And you'll find love any day Alfie, oh Alfie
What's it all about Alfie?

Chris Thomas wanted the Chief Minister job. He would only get that if there was a second round. And I would think that Wannenburgh was hanging on the coat-tails of Chris Thomas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Unless there's a specific 're-open nominations' option, what else are they meant to do if they don't really want either of them to be Chief?

They have been elected to make a decision one way or the other, not sit on the fence in case they upset someone.  There will be plenty of other times when a choice needs making and neither option is ideal.  A house full of fence sitters and nothing will ever get done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Chris Thomas wanted the Chief Minister job. He would only get that if there was a second round. And I would think that Wannenburgh was hanging on the coat-tails of Chris Thomas. 

Chris Thomas nice person but would have been useless CM. Jury is still as whether he is a good Minister. Legislation reviewer he is good at and policy and reform - but he got the boot from that. Backbench MHK or Chair of a committee. The Committee is only good if you can score in the back of the net and put right damage done by Government, otherwise its toothless.

• Like 3

What we now have is a clear indication of the conservatives/status quo and reformer make up/split ( plus the don't knows ). 

What is really important now is to see if the CoMin Alf puts forward is a broad church or skewed to the right.

I hope he does not appoint any political members to departments. Just ministers.

The real power is Treasury, although CM sets the tone. That’s the one to watch for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1