Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I think it is disgusting that Thomas and Wannaburgh spoilt their papers and Thomas tried to delay the vote.   The actions of a spoiled child I really hope he does not get made a Minister, pathetic man that he is.

I get the impression that CT does not want to be a Minister and that he would rather appear to being "clever" rather than "practical" from the side lines. It is for that reason I have long viewed him as a person who is far better suited to fill the role of MLC rather than MHK 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I think it is disgusting that Thomas and Wannaburgh spoilt their papers and Thomas tried to delay the vote.   The actions of a spoiled child I really hope he does not get made a Minister, pathetic man that he is.

They would gain a lot of respect from me if they spoiled the ballot papers by drawing a dick and two balls, or a shitting arse. Something like that.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Clever money is on not involving yourself with the Cannan regime, & instead championing IOM enterprise with Claire Christian and John Wannenburgh

Depends how you define "clever money". If it is purely focusing on making yourself look good so you get re-elected in 5 years times then I agree.  However we only have 24MHK's, one of whom is the speaker, so in my view they should all be prepared to get involved and get their hands dirty whether or not it affects their re-election chances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

He tried to delay the vote to be able to question the two candidates, when this was refused he had no choice but to abstain. How could he vote for either candidate if his concerns could not be answered?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

He tried to delay the vote to be able to question the two candidates, when this was refused he had no choice but to abstain. How could he vote for either candidate if his concerns could not be answered?

It's an interesting one, but it was CT that caused the vote to be delayed a whole week, for the very treason he mentioned in his motion this morning to delay a further hour.

Edited by Barlow

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Depends how you define "clever money". If it is purely focusing on making yourself look good so you get re-elected in 5 years times then I agree.  However we only have 24MHK's, one of whom is the speaker, so in my view they should all be prepared to get involved and get their hands dirty whether or not it affects their re-election chances.

Mr Speaker didn't vote for Cannan either

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Rubbish.  He tried to make some sort of point and get his name in the news again.

There has been plenty of time to question them and everyone else had managed to use the time available to get answers and make a decision.

No idea what wanna berg was playing at.  Lost all credibility in my eyes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

What we now have is a clear indication of the conservatives/status quo and reformer make up/split ( plus the don't knows ).

Do we though? Or is it more of a lefty-righty split? (acceping that's an oversimplification). I'm not sure that many of Allinson's backers would be strong supporters of such necessary reforms as cutting back CS headcount, pension entitlement and such. 

The left-leaning do have an arrogant tendency to label themselves as reformers or (ironically) "progressives", but they don't have a great history of reforming over-government and public sector deadweight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Rubbish.  He tried to make some sort of point and get his name in the news again.

There has been plenty of time to question them and everyone else had managed to use the time available to get answers and make a decision.

No idea what wanna berg was playing at.  Lost all credibility in my eyes

Agree, he has been working with the candidates for years, and has had 2 weeks in same building as them to discuss manifesto if he wanted to. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yibble said:

Do we though? Or is it more of a lefty-righty split? (acceping that's an oversimplification). I'm not sure that many of Allinson's backers would be strong supporters of such necessary reforms as cutting back CS headcount, pension entitlement and such. 

The left-leaning do have an arrogant tendency to label themselves as reformers or (ironically) "progressives", but they don't have a great history of reforming over-government and public sector deadweight.

That's because you can't be progressive if you seek to maintain / conserve the status quo. It's literally in the name of the Conservative  party what their type of politics is.

37 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

To some on here, Chris Thomas is the Messiah, the second coming. Like I have maintained, nice person, no real malice or nastiness, too wordy and uses too much technical flummery. Head of a Committee otherwise backbencher. It’s sad really, he could have been a contender.

• Like 2