Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Apart from the DoI what services would you like to see cut?

Review of farming/landowning grants. Better targeting of benefits, even raise where applicable.

The Govt headcount has to be PROPERLY addressed and the Pensions liability, before it grows by another £Bn in the coming 12 months.

Get this Rates review sorted, it's been going on for long enough, there is heel-dragging going on here.

And sort out the whole PS culture, root and branch if necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

But the clue is to maintain their grip on whatever power they have, no matter what, rather than opening up to the needs of the majority.

In a nutshell, and that is what all these 'games' are all about. Nothing changes.

With all the newbies in this time I reckon we need to wait for the reshuffles in a couple of years time. By then AC will have sussed out who he can depend on, who has gained the most on the job experience and come through the first couple of years without too much of a scratch.

By the way, Ashford for DOI. He used to be a Project Manager you know. It would appear they need one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

One interesting thing about Daphne Caine going for Deputy Speaker is that it means she is ruling herself out of being a Minister.

Not such a bad thing then is it ....?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Nothing much will change. Real climate change response will be unaffordable. The campaign against social security users will continue. Foodbanks will thrive

And politicians will philander.

Baz Luhrmann

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

Now for the next fun game, who will Alf pick to be the Minister of..

DOI

DEFA

DFE

DHSC

Treasury

DESC

DHA

Cabinet Office

??

Ok, I’ll take the bait. Remember I only have 23 options (assuming I can still use the Speaker and Deputy Speaker) and have ruled out using MLCs to make it more straight forward. Also, confess to not knowing much about the new intake, so not utilised, but will bring them in at my first reshuffle 🤪

DOI: Julie Edge

DEFA: Rob Callister

DFE: Daphne Cain

DHSC: Claire Christian

DESC: Kate Lord-Brennan

Treasury: Lawrie Hooper

DHA: Clare Barber

Cabinet Office: Jane Poole-Wilson

7 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Ok, I’ll take the bait. Remember I only have 23 options (assuming I can still use the Speaker and Deputy Speaker) and have ruled out using MLCs to make it more straight forward. Also, confess to not knowing much about the new intake, so not utilised, but will bring them in at my first reshuffle 🤪

If you get two of those right you will have done well.

Please god dont let hooper anywhere near treasury or Lord-Brennan near DESC

Making an MHK a Ministership due to having some 'experience' is not, or rather should not, be particularly relevant.

There was a Rushen MHK (John Orme? Edit: Rimington) who did some landscape gardening once so they made him Minister for Agg and Fish, as it was then. And Pam Crowe said she once made a Planning Application and was made Minister for DoLGE.

True stories folks.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 2

Just now, Barlow said:

There was a Rushen MHK (John Orme?) who did some landscape gardening once so they made him Minister for Agg and Fish, as it was then.

John Rimington wasn't it? 🤔

• Thanks 1

I think that Cannan will exercise much more control over the Departments than previous CMs, including the Treasury of which he has recent knowledge.?

Maybe it is a level of overall control, by the CM., that should be good for a Govt program of policy direction?

Just not Alfs!!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

You've missed off Crookall

Doubt you'll see Christian or Caine in a Cannan government

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

You've missed off Crookall

Doubt you'll see Christian or Caine in a Cannan government

Maybe not 🤪 I don’t know how he thinks (or if he is spiteful) but this would me my choice. Somewhat influenced by the most vocal in the last admin given responsibility to drive change and improvments.