Next Chief Minister?

Lost Login

Next Chief Minister  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And she’d ROCK the suits!

Best publicity/tourist/world market opportunity ever.

Has she got it tho? Who’s heard her speak? Does she hold command? 

Listen to her speak in interviews; very thorough. 

Also quite open with her views on her fb page. 

• Thanks 1

Claire Christian also (just) fails the Thomas Test - CM candidates should have topped the poll in their constituency? Do people think that matters? If it did the eligible would be -

Moorehouse

Cannon

Corlett

Faragher

Ashford

Maltby

Caine

Lord-Brennan

Poole-Wilson

Callister

Hooper

Watterson

Interesting that this would be the Keys if Pongo's desire for winners only came about. 50:50 gender balance, 2 Labour, 1 Lib Van.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Listen to her speak in interviews; very thorough. 

Also quite open with her views on her fb page. 

Her contributions so far haven't convinced me that she'll be a good mhk yet, let alone CM. She's in the wait and see phase for me, too soon to consider for the top job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And she’d ROCK the suits!

Best publicity/tourist/world market opportunity ever.

Has she got it tho? Who’s heard her speak? Does she hold command? 

Could do wonders for the Island. I already see huge opportunities, tv doc ”the female chief minister” 😎possibilities are endless, a tv series capturing all the behind the scenes shenanigans that don’t happen in Tynwald. 🤪

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Claire Christian also (just) fails the Thomas Test - CM candidates should have topped the poll in their constituency? Do people think that matters? If it did the eligible would be -

Moorehouse

Cannon

Corlett

Faragher

Ashford

Maltby

Caine

Lord-Brennan

Poole-Wilson

Callister

Hooper

Watterson

Interesting that this would be the Keys if Pongo's desire for winners only came about. 50:50 gender balance, 2 Labour, 1 Lib Van.

I'm skeptical that CT stated only those who have topped the dual member vote can stand for the top job - we all know HQ did not

Anyway, Mr Thomas has offered his Policy Agenda 2021 to form the backbone of the next Programme For Government

http://bit.ly/3zJdG7e

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

I'm skeptical that CT stated only those who have topped the dual member vote can stand for the top job - we all know HQ did not

He said it in response to my question at the Manx Radio Question Time thing last Tuesday. 

about 34 minutes in

Edited by wrighty
Link
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 747-400 said:

Could do wonders for the Island. I already see huge opportunities, tv doc ”the female chief minister” 😎possibilities are endless, a tv series capturing all the behind the scenes shenanigans that don’t happen in Tynwald. 🤪

Does this follow on from the Jurby Prison Docu-Comedy? 

22 hours ago, 2112 said:

We will be paying for all the Afghan and Syrian Refugees.

We haven’t got any.

However given that by any economic definition we have full employment I would suggest that we invite an appropriate amount to come and live here. 
So as well as fulfilling our moral obligations we gain more economically active citizens ( subject to work permit obligations of course!)

Win Win situation.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

We haven’t got any.

However given that by any economic definition we have full employment I would suggest that we invite an appropriate amount to come and live here. 
So as well as fulfilling our moral obligations we gain more economically active citizens ( subject to work permit obligations of course!)

Win Win situation.

As they mostly seem to be young males crossing the channel do we have any vacancies for suicide bombers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In times when you need to face tough choices, make tough decisions and drive through policies and change you need a strong leader with a group of talented people whose efforts he/she can marshal. I am not sure that we have a great depth of talent, but some is there. I really don’t think that leadership can be offered by a technocrat who is bright but dull and uninspiring. The likes of CT wouid be plausible if everything was fairly rosy in the garden and further enhancements were desirable. I don’t think we are in that position right now. However if the only other option was another pompous oaf who could read stuff out and block questioning that might expose his shortcomings, CT would be a good choice. He is not another HQ. But the choice is a bit wider this time round and I hope our MHKs can see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joebean said:

In times when you need to face tough choices, make tough decisions and drive through policies and change you need a strong leader with a group of talented people whose efforts he/she can marshal. I am not sure that we have a great depth of talent, but some is there. I really don’t think that leadership can be offered by a technocrat who is bright but dull and uninspiring. The likes of CT wouid be plausible if everything was fairly rosy in the garden and further enhancements were desirable. I don’t think we are in that position right now. However if the only other option was another pompous oaf who could read stuff out and block questioning that might expose his shortcomings, CT would be a good choice. He is not another HQ. But the choice is a bit wider this time round and I hope our MHKs can see it.

Agree 100%.

So who would you like to see in the running?