Congratulations Stu Peters

Max Power

17 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Question.

Do you think you would have been elected if it were not for the radio “personality” and relatively high profile?

I don’t, and that is my issue with the way the electorate are so short sighted when it comes to casting a vote.  Most just vote for someone they know rather than the best candidate.

Judging by some of the unwarranted venom that has been spat on this forum I would like to suggest that if it were not for the radio "personality" and relatively high profile, Stu Peters may well have topped the poll. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Judging by some of the unwarranted venom that has been spat on this forum I would like to suggest that if it were not for the radio "personality" and relatively high profile, Stu Peters may well have topped the poll. 

No chance.

Doris and her mates vote for recognised names and don’t even read the manifestos or do any research and account for a large proportion of voters unfortunately 

15 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

This comment is beyond belief and I wasn't going to reply but I think that people need to know what you think of women pursuing careers in traditionally male dominated environments.

its not what i think, it's just another jokey comment of dubious taste that snowflakes  who want to be offended will pretend not see.   thanks for the re-post

Edited by WTF

3 hours ago, WTF said:

its not what i think, it's just another jokey comment of dubious taste that snowflakes  who want to be offended will pretend not see.   thanks for the re-post

I spotted it as a joke, from the Frankie Boyle/Jimmy Carr school. I resisted giving it the laughing emoji however, for fear of causing offence by proxy or something. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I spotted it as a joke, from the Frankie Boyle/Jimmy Carr school. I resisted giving it the laughing emoji however, for fear of causing offence by proxy or something. 

Well, of course, it could be made safe by saying there are plenty of cocks in Tynwald, and a few twats too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2