Congratulations Stu Peters

Max Power

2 minutes ago, Stu Chubby White said:

What is a Despicable Knob Jockey? Sounds like a homophobic slur / hate speech. 

Tricky without context. 

Personally, I like the epithet "cockwomble".  It achieves the same without any possibility of misconstruction as a slur against anyone but the person it is aimed at. 

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Tricky without context. 

Personally, I like the epithet "cockwomble".  It achieves the same without any possibility of misconstruction as a slur against anyone but the person it is aimed at. 

He was really trying to land a punch after someone pointed out a facebook conversation between a director of MR and a staff member that said Talking Heads was less relevant to Manx people than Jeremy Vine. Why would you use homophobic language in that context or any context?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stu Chubby White said:

What is a Despicable Knob Jockey? Sounds like a homophobic slur / hate speech. 

This, I think, is an example of what is wrong with social media.  Anything you say is there for ever.  Plenty of examples across where relatively senior politicians have been sacked for something they put on Twitter when they were 12. I really don’t think politicians should be judged on what they said years before being elected.  Even worse to trawl their posts to find something slightly off colour. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, wrighty said:

This, I think, is an example of what is wrong with social media.  Anything you say is there for ever.  Plenty of examples across where relatively senior politicians have been sacked for something they put on Twitter when they were 12. I really don’t think politicians should be judged on what they said years before being elected.  Even worse to trawl their posts to find something slightly off colour. 

Erm he was not 12? He was a paid employee of a state funded broadcaster? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wrighty said:

To be honest Wrighty you should be totally embarrassed of that defence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stu Chubby White said:

He was really trying to land a punch after someone pointed out a facebook conversation between a director of MR and a staff member that said Talking Heads was less relevant to Manx people than Jeremy Vine. Why would you use homophobic language in that context or any context?

According to my Roger's Profanisaurus, a knob jockey is someone who sits on a door handle whilst the door is in motion for sexual gratification. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Tricky without context. 

I hate that. Wombles live in communal, multi-cultural (look at their names) harmony. They are environmental pioneers and were recycling our rubbish when we were in short trousers and they still found time to make top knotch power pop.  I mean even at Christmas they were Wombling in the snow. 

If you really must turn beloved childhood characters into genital based insults, I suggest bagpussy. That autocratic bastard needs taking down a peg or two. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Stu Chubby White said:

Erm he was not 12? He was a paid employee of a state funded broadcaster? 

8 minutes ago, Stu Chubby White said:

To be honest Wrighty you should be totally embarrassed of that defence.

My 12 year old example was deliberately silly, but relevant to examples I’ve heard in the UK media when prominent people are suddenly pilloried for things they put on Facebook when 16 or whatever. Wasn’t there a cricketer recently? It wasn’t meant to be directly related to whatever you’ve found Stu said years ago. 

As for embarrassment - no. I’m not defending anybody, I’m simply stating discomfort with being judged as an adult on what might have been written in adolescent diaries. Feel free to quote that should I ever get elected in the future. I’m certainly not going to be embarrassed by a riposte from a comedy/parody/trolling account on here for a week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Nonsense. You're just triggered because the outcome wasn't what you wanted, that's all.

You don't have to read this thread if you feel it's trolling, thus offending you and the rest of the 'Never-Peters' out there. 

You really should stop imagining other people’s reactions and using fantasy concepts like “triggering”. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Declan said:

I hate that. Wombles live in communal, multi-cultural (look at their names) harmony. They are environmental pioneers and were recycling our rubbish when we were in short trousers and they still found time to make top knotch power pop.  I mean even at Christmas they were Wombling in the snow. 

If you really must turn beloved childhood characters into genital based insults, I suggest bagpussy. That autocratic bastard needs taking down a peg or two. 

Don't get me started on the Clangers.  Irritating twats. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I kind of agree with that. People should be allowed to grow out of prejudices they may have grown up with and their language to grow with them. Even people in their sixties. 

Is that the situation here? You know Stu better than me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wrighty said:

My 12 year old example was deliberately silly, but relevant to examples I’ve heard in the UK media when prominent people are suddenly pilloried for things they put on Facebook when 16 or whatever. Wasn’t there a cricketer recently? It wasn’t meant to be directly related to whatever you’ve found Stu said years ago. 

As for embarrassment - no. I’m not defending anybody, I’m simply stating discomfort with being judged as an adult on what might have been written in adolescent diaries. Feel free to quote that should I ever get elected in the future. I’m certainly not going to be embarrassed by a riposte from a comedy/parody/trolling account on here for a week. 

Stu Peters is an old man supposedly gifted with wisdom and common sense (by only his own admission) he was not 12 more like 62 when he wrote that, your defense is getting worse by the minute. Yes he is a charming friendly homophobic , racist, sexist that you get on with but his views are repugnant not matter how much you get on with him as a mate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Stu Chubby White said:

Stu Peters is an old man supposedly gifted with wisdom and common sense (by only his own admission) he was not 12 more like 62 when he wrote that, your defense is getting worse by the minute. Yes he is a charming friendly homophobic , racist, sexist that you get on with but his views are repugnant not matter how much you get on with him as a mate.

Well, here is the thing, the people in Middle have voted and he has been elected.  The people have spoken.   

He now has to do the job and to be measured and accountable in what is now done. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gladys said:

Well, here is the thing, the people in Middle have voted and he has been elected.  The people have spoken.   

He now has to do the job and to be measured and accountable in what is now done. 

Well you obviously support his views and yes there are plenty homophobic and racist people in Middle and elsewhere, he chose to play that card and get second place in a weak field. But only disgusting vermin would  go that way to get elected. and you Keep on defending him so you are not any better.

• Like 2