Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

6 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

I wonder what he's up to these days. Haven't heard anything of him since this failure. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/former-mea-heads-firm-in-liquidation/

I'm sensing a theme developing... 

He had a very nice pad down at Scarlett - the one with the lighthouse tower thing.  I think I saw it on the market fairly recently. 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Yeah. Not like there would be a massive waste of money sorting out all the administration of bankruptcy, paying the staff, keeping the service going or anything like that.

Nationalisation in a negotiated way, yes, allowing it to go bust would only be suggested by someone with no knowledge of such things

According to a deeply knowledgeable post on the matter last night, it would only cost a pound to buy the business.  That’s it.  Job done 

• Haha 1

Does anyone know what is happening in Jersey and Guernsey regarding the price of Gas? Surely their prices would be increased, and the owner of Manx Gas also owns Guernsey and Jersey Gas. How have their Governments controlled things?

Secondly the Chair of LibLabVanMan has issued a press release calling on Laurie Hooper to think before he votes. Like with Rob Callister, will Hooperman incur the party wrath should he vote against the proposal, and it should the poor, the sick, the infirm and the needy? It seems that these political parties are going to be spending time in endless meetings devising policies and strategies before an important vote in either the HOK or Tynpotwald. Perhaps the membership are retired with fuck all to do all day?

9 hours ago, Declan said:

As important as not getting the correct authorisation is, does it really change the bottom line for consumers? A new power station was needed, it needed financing, that financing would have been paid by consumers over the long term. Would we have ended up where we are anyway?

But did it need the Radisson 5 Star glass front?

i was told the lightning conductor on the chimney cost 64 grand.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

But did it need the Radisson 5 Star glass front?

i was told the lightning conductor on the chimney cost 64 grand.

Would the Tynwald we had at the time have noticed that if they were consulted first?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Yeah, because I am sure that those who feel like saving a few quid  would rather watch Manx Gas go bust and deal with the long term implications of that 🙄

Ideal opportunity to get rid of them. A private monopoly is in no one's best interests, apart from the company itself.

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The same company owns all three has companies: Islands' Energy Group. So why are the residents of our Island going to be paying so much more?

Because we have or hopefully had a "roll over tickle my tum" government, Manx gas aren't the only company who had them over a barrel !

• Like 1