Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

34 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Well, if you read some weather prognoses some heavy snow will be due in Northern Europe at some point in December. So I can't see there being much gas left, if any, going into the spring. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Well, if you read some weather prognoses some heavy snow will be due in Northern Europe at some point in December. So I can't see there being much gas left, if any, going into the spring. 

Snow isn't so bad - it is actually an insulator.

Just now, Asthehills said:

Aye.  Always look on the bright side and just ignore the fact that if we get any it means it’s f****ng freezing.

I suppose if next door burnt to the ground that would also temporarily hells my winter bills?  Every cloud eh

If its semi detached or mid terrace then their heating  might be reducing  your bills .:-)

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Aye.  Always look on the bright side and just ignore the fact that if we get any it means it’s f****ng freezing.

I suppose if next door burnt to the ground that would also temporarily hells my winter bills?  Every cloud eh

Put warm underwear on, stop winging.

On 9/4/2022 at 9:41 PM, 0bserver said:

If only we had a local source of natural gas. 

If only too that it didn’t come out on the original gas debate that as Manx Gas’ biggest single user IOMG benefits from a special tariff with Manx Gas - the lowest possible gas tariff which nobody but IOMG gets and which is subsidized by all other Manx Gas users on domestic or commercial tariffs. There is a lot that IOMG could do to lower the price of gas here for everyone else but won’t. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

If only too that it didn’t come out on the original gas debate that as Manx Gas’ biggest single user IOMG benefits from a special tariff with Manx Gas - the lowest possible gas tariff which nobody but IOMG gets and which is subsidized by all other Manx Gas users on domestic or commercial tariffs. There is a lot that IOMG could do to lower the price of gas here for everyone else but won’t. 

Gas users massively subsidising government buildings including Nobles seems to be conveniently left out of the conversation.  Why are gas users solely responsible for paying the government gas bill?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Gas users massively subsidising government buildings including Nobles seems to be conveniently left out of the conversation.  Why are gas users solely responsible for paying the government gas bill?

I don’t know. Some MHK needs to raise the issue as it seems to have been forgotten about in the anger that the MUA seems to have nicely helped direct at Manx Gas. The whole of IOMG is getting a free ride paid for by us - and still is. They get a tariff that is below the cost of MG actually supplying the gas and we make up the difference. 

26 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Yes, but remember the government gas bill includes the gas used for generating the vast majority of electricity. So we are all paying, not just gas users.

on that subject, since oil has plummeted in price, are there plans to fire up Peel power station, capable of generating 1/3 plus of our electricity? Would reduce the overall bill. Also, use diesel to push the generating power of the incinerator to full capacity. 

• Like 1