Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

8 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Losses that are being worsened by the government's failure to ration/reduce energy usage on it's part and failure to encourage the public to reduce their energy use. 

if government got rid of flexitime then heating and lighting could be on for a few hours less every day

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Losses that are being worsened by the government's failure to ration/reduce energy usage on it's part and failure to encourage the public to reduce their energy use. 

I walk my dog down at garey ny cloy. (Spelt wrong 😗). Most nights and weekends the lights are on all though building also loads of computers left on all weekend.. (defa hq St John's). 

7 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

I walk my dog down at garey ny cloy. (Spelt wrong 😗). Most nights and weekends the lights are on all though building also loads of computers left on all weekend.. (defa hq St John's). 

Thie Slieau Whallian is the building, Garey Ny Cloie is the gardens.

1 hour ago, Turtleish said:

They use biofuel, or wood to us commoners in the HQ.  Its a green fuel apparently, maybe this allows them to leave the lights on all weekend

So many people who use gas are planning to really cut down using electric radiators, extra clothing etc that the profits of Manx Gas ,or whatever it calls itself these days, are surely going to drop dramatically.   Whether their  intentions will hold fast when really cold weather arrives remains to be seen as it is easy to make plans when the weather is mild.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, cissolt said:

They use biofuel, or wood to us commoners in the HQ.  Its a green fuel apparently, maybe this allows them to leave the lights on all weekend

there is no electricity being generated , and as this is the HQ of the climate change group and the environment  department charged with saving the planet , you would think they would be wanting to set an example , 

but why bother its only taxpayers money being wasted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So many people who use gas are planning to really cut down using electric radiators, extra clothing etc that the profits of Manx Gas ,or whatever it calls itself these days, are surely going to drop dramatically.   Whether their  intentions will hold fast when really cold weather arrives remains to be seen as it is easy to make plans when the weather is mild.

No. Because that isn’t how their profits are calculated or regulated. It has nothing to do with volume or price per therm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I don’t really understand, surely the more gas they sell the more profit they will make ?    

No, because the profit they are allowed to make is calculated as a return on assets, not as a mark up per therm or based on volume

31 minutes ago, BriT said:

One of my kids has just spent 3 weeks trying to pay their gas bill. Seems their system is totally screwed. 

Well clearly not in every case. A friend who has a standing order every month just got a bill telling him he owes them £900 plus . Standing order has always covered it particularly up to this time of year. God knows whats happening with there billing structure.