Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

She chose her words carefully on MR earlier bleating 'our profits are down 130%!............on last year's'

MG have got too used to making huge profits. Perhaps Ancala shareholders need reminding that the value of their investments can go down as well as up.

Ms Cox's first duty is to those shareholders - not IoM consumers.

She can sod off with her whinging.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Have our elected idiots voted the new price rises through yet?

Presumably you would support that? Given that you have complained that too many in Tynwald are left-wing.

Government intervening on pricing would surely be far too leftist for you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

So if the price has dropped what possible reason can CURA put forward for another price increase ?

MG say they need money to maintain and invest in the infrastructure. The 27.5% only broke them even I am led to believe. Make of that what you may. 

17 hours ago, finlo said:

She chose her words carefully on MR earlier bleating 'our profits are down 130%!............on last year's'

So what happened to all the accumulated profit over the years they have been operating on Mann? Don't tell me.... all siphoned off as management fees to the LLP elsewhere. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Someone been telling porky pies to try and shaft the island a bit more? Or just not very competent when it comes to the very rules the company operates under? Either way not a good look for MG. 

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Someone been telling porky pies to try and shaft the island a bit more? Or just not very competent when it comes to the very rules the company operates under? Either way not a good look for MG. 

I think that MG has now run out of any goodwill at all with the general population, the islands population and its idiot politicos. That’s really saying something for an organisation, which has effectively been slapped down by the gas regulator, following comments made by its Managing Director. 

39 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

I might be wrong but reading para 6 might leave the door open for an increase.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I might be wrong but reading para 6 might leave the door open for an increase.

I read it more as CURA pointing out that the current situation is not normal and so MG should shut up. And it is abnormal, just as the price of oil dropping to -$37 a barrel was not normal last year.

Obviously if these wholesale prices become the new normal then things will be different.

3 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I read it more as CURA pointing out that the current situation is not normal and so MG should shut up. And it is abnormal, just as the price of oil dropping to -$37 a barrel was not normal last year.

Obviously if these wholesale prices become the new normal then things will be different.

I reckon that's wishful thinking and that Para 3 is the bollocking/putting the record straight.

• Like 1