Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

The wind still blows and the sun comes up every morning for free, and yet we continue to pay ever higher energy prices so the man gets richer.

Let's not forget Pully power station is less than 20 years old. The climate crisis was well understood and far from a new discovery when it was built. Offshore wind farms not too far from here with comparable capacity were being built cheaper than it at the time.

Sooner or later fossil fuels were going to go up in price as demand decreased - that's not necessarily what's happening now but it will.

This is a situation that could have been largely have been avoided with some timely action by our politicians. Instead they've done nothing to move to renewables in the mean time and almost unanimously voted to send it clear message to MG, a company with a proven history of profiteering, that they're too important to go bust. I wonder how they'll use that information?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A fool and his money..... said:

The wind still blows and the sun comes up every morning for free, and yet we continue to pay ever higher energy prices so the man gets richer.

Let's not forget Pully power station is less than 20 years old. The climate crisis was well understood and far from a new discovery when it was built. Offshore wind farms not too far from here with comparable capacity were being built cheaper than it at the time.

Sooner or later fossil fuels were going to go up in price as demand decreased - that's not necessarily what's happening now but it will.

This is a situation that could have been largely have been avoided with some timely action by our politicians. Instead they've done nothing to move to renewables in the mean time and almost unanimously voted to send it clear message to MG, a company with a proven history of profiteering, that they're too important to go bust. I wonder how they'll use that information?

Imagine the outcry were wind turbines proposed as a solution?

Plenty round me in Cornwall, not an issue.

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Whilst I agree with you. Your identification is very vague and generalised. It would be very difficult for a small island at the end of the chain to have any influence on such intermediaries.

What you say is true. Can you identify the leeches individually?

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

I was merely quoting you

You are easily confused it seems. You quoted that we should be getting money back from the above mentioned. I said did you know who they were. You then asked me who they were.

No offence, and no I am not trying to have an argument. However before you accuse me of that it might be worth re reading your own posts. 

I am easily confused, as are you. Let me make it clearer, the folk I am talking about are profiteering. I don't think I suggested they should pay anything back although it would be good if they did. I didn't mention anything about paying back, I believe the phrase was, 'paying for the extra costs'

Which in my opinion they are creating to make extra profit.

I do read my own posts just as I read yours which are often interesting, but, I stick to my comment which included that it appears that you are trying to create a combative atmosphere. If I'm wrong then you are entitled to that position just as I am entitled to mine.

The end, I'm going to bed now, sleep tight fellow poster.

15 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I am easily confused, as are you. Let me make it clearer, the folk I am talking about are profiteering. I don't think I suggested they should pay anything back although it would be good if they did. I didn't mention anything about paying back, I believe the phrase was, 'paying for the extra costs'

Which in my opinion they are creating to make extra profit.

I do read my own posts just as I read yours which are often interesting, but, I stick to my comment which included that it appears that you are trying to create a combative atmosphere. If I'm wrong then you are entitled to that position just as I am entitled to mine.

The end, I'm going to bed now, sleep tight fellow poster.

Fair enough

Re "it appears that you are trying to create a combative atmosphere". I can assure you I was not. 

As I read it, you posted about all the middlemen taking their share and contributing to the problem. I agreed. I asked you how would we know who they were, and how could we do anything about it, seen as we just buy the stuff at the end of the supply chain. It was a genuine question. I apologise if it seemed anything else

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was the Mannin line today that quiet that nobody has mentioned Manx gas?

Which unlikeable character is telling the truth here?  I can see manxgas being eager to receive a big wedge of cash from government.

Rob the blog has stated that it's Manx gas who are at fault:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/standoff-over-delay-to-manx-gas-rebate/

59 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Was the Mannin line today that quiet that nobody has mentioned Manx gas?

Which unlikeable character is telling the truth here?  I can see manxgas being eager to receive a big wedge of cash from government.

Rob the blog has stated that it's Manx gas who are at fault:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/standoff-over-delay-to-manx-gas-rebate/

Well Jo Cox says they’ve been pushing the government side for a long time to get the agreement signed, doubt Rob knows what’s been going on

• Haha 2