Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

22 hours ago, cissolt said:

Passive aggressive veiled threat from Ms Cox:

We ask that you work with us to maintain supply to the Isle of Man during these unique market conditions.

It's been like that all along from Ancala Partners LLP.

I'm going 25% electricity and 50% gas. The 25% being justifiable based on wholesale market conditions, the other 25% to get the Bolly in for the hedge funders.

Edited by tetchtyke
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I hear Callister on the radio amusingly trying to support why he voted for no gas regulation and how he isn’t conflicted as the head of the MUA. He’s more sell-outty than Wee Jock Mc Sell-out, winner of last years Mr Sell-out competition. . 

Sellout McSellout SelloutFace?

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

What’s the guess for gas ? 40% I reckon 

I reckon so, on top of the 30% in November.

Given the MUA and Manx Gas use the same hard product, I'm struggling to understand why the state-owned MUA only need to increase by 30% yet the hedge fund Ancala Partners LLP need 70%.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

I hear Callister on the radio amusingly trying to support why he voted for no gas regulation and how he isn’t conflicted as the head of the MUA. He’s more sell-outty than Wee Jock Mc Sell-out, winner of last years Mr Sell-out competition. . 

Both he and Thomas are trying to justify and excuse a situation that has arisen at least partly due to the failure of their political predecessors. As such, they are contributing to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I reckon so, on top of the 30% in November.

Given the MUA and Manx Gas use the same hard product, I'm struggling to understand why the state-owned MUA only need to increase by 30% yet the hedge fund Ancala Partners LLP need 70%.

Because MUA are using reserves ie taxpayers money to keep prices lower, £18m last year .

30 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s hard not to argue that you aren’t conflicted when your the actual head of the MUA that is selling them 100% of their gas though. Callister has said it’s about protecting his constituents when really it looks like it’s a way of ensuring the MUA can continue to push its supply prices if it wants to. Are people in Onchan that stupid? 

Unfortunately he's a granny farmer.  Always available on Facebook to help clean up some dogs shit or fix a street light.  Most of us have known all along he only serves his own interests.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Unfortunately he's a granny farmer.  Always available on Facebook to help clean up some dogs shit or fix a street light.  Most of us have known all along he only serves his own interests.

Unfair and untrue.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Anyone listening to Chris Thomas on Tynwald live?

Manx utilities is saving 750k euros a month on their financing?  Is that right? Where is that money going?

Passing on the saving to Manx Gas and it’s being used to pay a credit/rebate against gas bills. I got £61 off last month

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Passing on the saving to Manx Gas and it’s being used to pay a credit/rebate against gas bills. I got £61 off last month

Thanks John.  That only accounts for part of the rebate.  I'm sure Chris Thomas mentioned that the rest goes toward paying the dodgy loans