Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

9 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

Did I just read right that a family claiming child benefit with a household income of between 50 and 80 THOUSAND pounds a year will receive help towards their fuel bill?

Our kids are grown up but we are getting hammered by this.  Why do we get nothing?

Because the great Manx unwashed will be reduced to burning sticks and candles to keep warm and cook and therefore won't need any help with their gas bills.

7 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes it’s ridiculous. It looks like the IOM has a real problem helping out the poor. The MUA uses £8M of its money to largely subsidize the likes of Manx Telecoms power usage and then we decide to help people earning up to £80K a year pay their power bills providing they have a child. Although I’m sure some poor people on income support may have been thrown a few quid in the mix. 

Truly shocking. No means testing for business support especially if they host all governments services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

I had one 3/4 weeks ago & it had only gone up from 62 to 66 ppl from end September 

depends on your usage and tank size ,  my tank ( 2700 litre ) even with my partner wanting the  heating on when i'm sweating like a cornered nun lasts me over 2 years , my last fill was high 60's per litre  , the previous one barely high 30's

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

The Isle of Man. Where you can … give fuel hardship subsidies to people on £80K a year as long as they have a child. 

You wait....there'll be an even more generous rate announced shortly for HNWs 😂 

• Haha 2

Gef reporting MG are also cutting the direct debit discount to 1%. For me, that's another tenner a month on my bill. And they get to keep the interest.

I know business is business and all that, but Ancala Partners LLP really do take every opportunity to show just how much contempt they hold us in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Gef reporting MG are also cutting the direct debit discount to 1%. For me, that's another tenner a month on my bill. And they get to keep the interest.

I know business is business and all that, but Ancala Partners LLP really do take every opportunity to show just how much contempt they hold us in.

Why do you think you should get a higher discount than 1% for direct debits? Mx Telecom & other companies give no discount for direct debits