Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Anyone who can tell the interviewer convincingly that they are a digital engagement executive and a digital native. So any bullsh***er really who has a Twitter & Tik Tok account. 

And a LinkedIn profile 

• Like 1

very interesting series of meetings ,and I am amazed at the lack of political presence and input at them , you would have thought at the very least the Tynwald  appointed  Chairman  of isle of man utilities  would have been  present , and therefore in a position to brief the council of ministers or make a statement in Tynwald ,should the situation deteriorate any further  ,or become a major threat to the supply of gas  to consumers , 

4 minutes ago, Omobono said:

very interesting series of meetings ,and I am amazed at the lack of political presence and input at them , you would have thought at the very least the Tynwald  appointed  Chairman  of isle of man utilities  would have been  present , and therefore in a position to brief the council of ministers or make a statement in Tynwald ,should the situation deteriorate any further  ,or become a major threat to the supply of gas  to consumers , 

Maybe he wasn't invited?  I would have thought he would be a requirement, especially considering the level of debt and risk

The Political Head of Manx Utilities, Rob Callister MHK has just put a statement as Onchans MHK on Facebook confirming that Manx Gas hadn’t been paying their bills and certainly not on time. Shouldn’t Rob Callister be making an announcement to either the HOK or Tynpotwald, instead of using social media as a megaphone for his own self publicity? I also find it odd that Manx Gas hammers anyone who owes it money, also IOMG hammers debtors as well, so why should Manx Gas or any other commercial organisation get away with owing?

• Thanks 1

Why should IOMG accommodate MG if they a) owe a debt to the taxpayer and b) can’t pay on time? The Treasury will enscheweeer that if anyone owes money, that the money is recovered quickly. In the past, debts and debt judgments were recovered via the Coroner - Coroners Sales, setting property and goods and chattels. It’s time that IOMG wielded a very big stick and showed MG who the boss is, even if it causes inconvenience to the GMP. 

• Confused 1

Manx gas obviously and rightly seen as a risk because of not paying there bills on time. No sympathy from me and for once fair play to IOMG  and treasury for holding out . And thats before we ever get around to the rebate MG were supposed to pay to consumers

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Manx gas obviously and rightly seen as a risk because of not paying there bills on time. No sympathy from me and for once fair play to IOMG  and treasury for holding out . And thats before we ever get around to the rebate MG were supposed to pay to consumers

I’ve had my rebate! 

as mentioned above IOMG refused to allow MG to increase prices so they we’re selling at a loss , no one can operate on that basis. Do IOMG tell EVF or Manx petroleum what price they can sell at?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I’ve had my rebate! 

as mentioned above IOMG refused to allow MG to increase prices so they we’re selling at a loss , no one can operate on that basis. Do IOMG tell EVF or Manx petroleum what price they can sell at?

Youve had your rebate from IOMG credited by MG on your account as have I . But you havent had MG's part of the bargain . I'm pretty sure both parties were to contribute to rebates. Only IOMG have I'm sure.

Also it was only at a very late stage I believe that MG handed over any sort of accounts to try and justify any increase. 

• Like 1