Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

50 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Yeah, there will be a further rise I'm almost certain of it. Does anyone know the periods they hedge for?

Big Rob C was certainly warning of more rises  

if the MEA is losing £1 million / day then double.

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

The CEO of Manx Gas has been on the NPM saying the IOMG should be equal in their support to gas users, with the cost of gas. That’s highly unlikely as IOMG only do something when petitions are launched and not generates large numbers of signatures or negative publicity, They wouldn’t do what the UK Government did with £150 payment to council tax payers A-D and there is another £400 payment due. IOMG would moan about cost. In the meantime, if friends of IOMG were in difficulties, they would be bailed out - especially ironic when owned or controlled by exceptionally wealthy people. 

Thats a laugh !! Still waiting for MG to pay there part of the rebate that they agreed too. Pot , kettle , black comes to mind ...

28 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Good luck with finding one of those. I'm still looking

Here we are not just paying the increased costs inflicted by the global situation though. The Manx public have additional costs imposed upon us by the best part of 20 years' worth of Govt incompetence and yes, corruption. With those costs increasing via ongoing out-of-control Govt "projects".

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Here we are not just paying the increased costs inflicted by the global situation though. The Manx public have additional costs imposed upon us by the best part of 20 years' worth of Govt incompetence and yes, corruption. With those costs increasing via ongoing out-of-control Govt "projects".

Brexit too is adding a considerable amount of extra cost. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Thats a laugh !! Still waiting for MG to pay there part of the rebate that they agreed too. Pot , kettle , black comes to mind ...

Absolutely. This issue is still being looked at. So far in front of the policy Review Committee Minister CT (EX Gas Committee Chair), Cabinet Office (in private), Barry Murphy ((campaigner and started the petition)(me), OFT and next Manx Utilities. Manx Gas should really pay this back. It is the moral and correct thing to do, especially now. Otherwise the interview on Manx Radio with the CEO this morning is just rotten hypocrisy. In my opinion of course. 

Edited by Bazza Smurf
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bazza Smurf said:

Absolutely. This issue is still being looked at. So far in front of the policy Review Committee Minister CT (EX Gas Committee Chair), Cabinet Office (in private), Barry Murphy ((campaigner and started the petition)(me), OFT and next Me an Manx Utilities. Manx Gas should really pay this back. It is the moral and correct thing to do, especially now. Otherwise the interview on Manx Radio with the CEO this morning is just rotten hypocrisy. In my opinion of course. 

Totally agree Barry...she's got some neck !! 

• Like 4