Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Yesterday on radio 4 it stated that in the period May/August 2.4 million U.K. customers used far less power than usual for the time of year. It was thought that most of them were ‘disadvantaged’ financially.

While there are people who can, relatively easily, budget for huge amounts of power and it still not affect their overall cash flow, then ‘we have no problem’. As ever, it’s the ones at the bottom who will suffer the most. They are also the ones least likely to take to the streets. 

Also the ones most likely to be ignored or attacked by authority.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I have no idea. I thought it was a formula based upon the wholesale price. Its been discussed on here many times. Didn't our resident stato @Roger Mexico explain it once. 

Whatever the formula, if they can only put it up 44% I'd say we were doing pretty well out of it. 

Screenshot_20220806-163111_Chrome.jpg

I did see that graph.  Rob stated that the current cost is 495, which the chart shows has only been reached twice in the last 12 months, and it's under 400 at the minute.  Another example of an mhk getting dodgy data?

18 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I did see that graph.  Rob stated that the current cost is 495, which the chart shows has only been reached twice in the last 12 months, and it's under 400 at the minute.  Another example of an mhk getting dodgy data?

That's a fair comment. But even taking that into account you can clearly see that the average is at least a 150% increase in the wholesale price.

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Perhaps that expert on data David Ashford has been teaching other politicos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Yes some MHKs regurgitate data from their departments without understanding it

It's the weirdness of our system. Laymen and laywomen get put into positions of chairman and then are expected to become experts overnight. It's a bit of a comedy that they actually try to convince us that they are credible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

except from Ai's in Enterprise. 

Less AI and more alien lifeforms. 'Cos the figures they dream up certainly aren't of this world...

• Like 2