Manx Gas MEGA Price Rise

James Blonde

12 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

No, that hasn’t been painted yet. 

Still waiting on the insurance assessment and some insane quotes?

Gas prices are a result of world wide factors.

DBC issues are pretty much all of their own making.

An elected member (sorry, my mistake) of DBC trying to make a joke about Manx Gas prices is pretty cringe in my humble opinion.

8 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Still waiting on the insurance assessment and some insane quotes?

Gas prices are a result of world wide factors.

DBC issues are pretty much all of their own making.

An elected member (sorry, my mistake) of DBC trying to make a joke about Manx Gas prices is pretty cringe in my humble opinion.

And you’re free to have your opinion, just as I am free to express my displeasure about Manx gas as a private individual and long suffering customer of theirs. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Doubtless, the colours will be rich though...

You can bet too that most private housing rate payers will be clobbered again next year and there'll be no cost of living rebate. Mine was nearly £1600 this year for a single occupancy apartment. The high rate payers on the IOM continue to subsidise the low rate payers and those in public housing. 

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You can bet too that most private housing rate payers will be clobbered again next year and there'll be no cost of living rebate. Mine was nearly £1600 this year for a single occupancy apartment. The high rate payers on the IOM continue to subsidise the low rate payers and those in public housing. 

Rates are included in the rent for public housing. 

5 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Ah,back to blaming the poor for this shit-show,are we?

Meanwhile rising house prices help fuel the cost of living crisis, people who can't afford to buy pay the mortgages,and then some, of people who own multiple houses. Or subsidise the rich, if you like. 

Money flows up, not down.

Edited by Hoops
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

Rates are included in the rent for public housing. 

Yes, I know that, but never get an answer to what public housing tenants are actually paying, compared to private rate payers. I suspect the rateable value is a lot less than comparable private properties. It may be included in the rent but how much of that is rates on the property ? Anybody know ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Yes, I know that, but never get an answer to what public housing tenants are actually paying, compared to private rate payers. I suspect the rateable value is a lot less than comparable private properties. It may be included in the rent but how much of that is rates on the property ? Anybody know ?

In the rent book, from when I used to live in one, the rent and rates were clearly separated, but you paid them both in one payment each week. So why not swallow your disgust and go and speak to someone who lives in social housing and ask them. Maybe you might find that they aren't so different.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

In the rent book, from when I used to live in one, the rent and rates were clearly separated, but you paid them both in one payment each week. So why not swallow your disgust and go and speak to someone who lives in social housing and ask them. Maybe you might find that they aren't so different.

Do you think they would let him have a peek at their new kitchen?:ph34r:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, finlo said:

Do you think they would let him have a peek at their new kitchen?:ph34r:

well, for a start, all the white goods etc will be purchased by the tenant. My rent is about £700/month. Not as much as in the private renting sector, but then should the local authorities be trying to make a massive profit on us? Price us out, where are those who work in social care, empty your bins, serve you in the shops etc going to come from? The excessive cost of housing that stops medical and teaching staff etc moving here is a problem with an unregulated housing market where houses are attractive investments, especially in times of low interest rates, and not as homes. Without the profit on a house sale to sub my kids the deposit on a house, how are they going to get on the ladder?

The high cost of gas is not because the pondy residents decided to privatise infrastructure, meaning that the impetus was about high returns for shareholders, fuck-off bonus's for the bosses and no consideration to the long or medium term needs of the country. The best we can give our mates is a spliff, not an industry. And we shake out heads at Putin carving up state industry and handing it out to mates, the west wrote the text book on that one.

edit - what is it with people thinking all council houses get an annual kitchen refurb? Our house is 15 years old and hasn't had one, neither do we think we are entitled to one.

Edited by Hoops
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Yes my rates were about the same too this year. I'm single and would have hoped for a single reduction, l have heard that it has been discussed but haven't heard any update on this, is anyone else aware of whether this is being implemented?

• Like 1